|Full name||Ruvindu Gunasekera|
20 July 1991 |
Colombo, Sri Lanka
|ODI debut (cap 57)||1 July 2008 v Bermuda|
|Last ODI||28 January 2014 v Netherlands|
|ODI shirt no.||57|
|T20I debut (cap 30)||13 March 2012 v Netherlands|
|Last T20I||26 November 2013 v Kenya|
|T20I shirt no.||57|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 12 February 2018
Gunasekara was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka, where he began playing cricket at an early age, under the influence of his father, who was a player on the Sri Lanka A cricket team. Gunasekara immigrated to Toronto, Canada in 2006. He enrolled at the University of Toronto Scarborough in 2010, pursuing a degree in management.
In March 2018, he was the leading run-scorer in the 2017–18 SLC Twenty20 Tournament in Sri Lanka, with 272 runs in five matches, batting for Saracens Sports Club. The following month, he was also named in Dambulla's squad for the 2018 Super Provincial One Day Tournament.
- Profile Official website. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Canadian squad for World Cricket League Division 2 tournament". Cricket Canada. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "SLC Twenty-20 Tournament, 2017/18: Most Runs". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "SLC Super Provincial 50 over tournament squads and fixtures". The Papare. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Global T20 Canada: Complete Squads". SportsKeeda. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Global T20 Canada League – Full Squads announced". CricTracker. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
|This biographical article related to Canadian cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|