Ruzhintsi Municipality within Bulgaria and Vidin Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Ruzhintsi|
|• Total||232 km2 (90 sq mi)|
|• Density||21/km2 (55/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Ruzhintsi Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Ружинци) is a municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 8 km south of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Ruzhintsi.
The municipality embraces a territory of 232 km² with a population of 4,890 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Ruzhintsi Municipality includes the following 10 places all of them villages:
|Belo Pole||Бело поле||929|
|Cherno Pole||Черно поле||283|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
An overwhelming majority of the population of Ruzhintsi Municipality identify themselves as Christians. At the 2011 census, 82.8% of respondents identified as Orthodox Christians belonging to the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Info website (in Bulgarian)