|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
The town sits on the border between Bunyangabu District and Kasese District to south, in the Rwenzori Mountains. It is approximately 32 kilometres (20 mi), by road, north of Kasese, on the Kasese-Fort Portal highway. The coordinates of the town are 0°22'41.0"N, 30°12'59.0"E (Latitude:0.378056; Longitude:30.216389).
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Rwimi at 16,256.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or near its edges:
- offices of Rwimi Town Council
- Rwimi central market
- Rwimi Power Station
- Fort Portal-Kasese-Mpondwe Road passes through the town in a general north to south configuration.
- Farming experiences with the farmers.
- Cultural dances and norms.
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- GFC (27 May 2016). "Distance between Kasese, Western Region, Uganda and Rwimi Primary School, Fort Portal-Mpondwe Road, Kabarole, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Google (19 July 2015). "Location of Rwimi at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Ninsiima, Enid (29 April 2013). "Kasese RDC warns locals against rebel recruitment". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Democratic Republic of the Congo: What Is The ADF, The Ugandan Rebel Group Hacking Civilians To Death?". New York City: Newsweek. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2016.