|Original author(s)||Vernalis R&D|
|Developer(s)||University of York, University of Barcelona|
2013.1 / June 13, 2014
rDock (previously RiboDock) is an open-source molecular docking software that be used for docking small molecules against proteins and nucleic acids. It is primarily designed for high-throughput virtual screening and prediction of binding mode.
The development of rDock started in 1998 in RiboTargets (later Vernalis (R&D) Ltd). The software was originally called RiboDock. The development went on until 2006 when the software was licensed to University of York for academic distribution and also maintenance.
Six years later, in 2012, Vernalis and University of York decided to release rDock as open-source software to allow its further development by the wider community. The version that was released as open source is developed and supported by University of Barcelona on SourceForge. The development on SourceForge stalled after June 2014. A fork named RxDock is continuing the development of rDock since April 2019 on GitLab.
- "About | rDock". Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- Morley SD, Afshar M (March 2004). "Validation of an empirical RNA-ligand scoring function for fast flexible docking using RiboDock(r)". Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design. 18 (3): 189–208. Bibcode:2004JCAMD..18..189M. doi:10.1023/B:JCAM.0000035199.48747.1e. PMID 15368919.
- Ruiz-Carmona S, Alvarez-Garcia D, Foloppe N, Garmendia-Doval AB, Juhos S, Schmidtke P, Barril X, Hubbard RE, Morley SD (April 2014). Prlic A (ed.). "rDock: a fast, versatile and open source program for docking ligands to proteins and nucleic acids". PLoS Computational Biology. 10 (4): e1003571. Bibcode:2014PLSCB..10E3571R. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003571. PMC 3983074. PMID 24722481.
- "rDock / SVN / Commit [r24]". sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- "RxDock". rxdock.org. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- "RxDock / RxDock". GitLab. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- rDock - The Molecular Docking Platform (University of York)
- rDock - A Fast, Versatile and Open Source Program for Docking Ligands to Proteins and Nucleic Acids (SourceForge)
- RxDock (fork of rDock)
- Barril Lab Software (University of Barcelona)
|This scientific software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|