South entrance (a.k.a. Fujisan Gate)
|Location||Mubanchi, Ryūōshinmachi, Kai, Yamanashi
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||Chūō Main Line|
|Passengers (2010)||2,061 daily|
Ryūō Station (竜王駅 Ryūō-eki?) is a railway station of Chūō Main Line, East Japan Railway Company (JR East) in Ryūō-shinmachi, in the city of Kai, Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan. The station is 138.6 rail kilometers from Tokyo Station.
Ryūō Station opened on December 15, 1903 as a station on the Japanese Government Railways (JGR). The JGR became the JNR (Japanese National Railways) after the end of World War II. With the dissolution and privatization of the JNR on April 1, 1987, the station came under the joint control of the East Japan Railway Company and the Japan Freight Railway Company. A container terminal was established on June 1, 1988. Automated turnstiles using the Suica IC Card system came into operation from October 16, 2004. A new station building was completed in March 2008.
Ryūō Station has two island platforms, serving three tracks
|1||■Chūō Main Line||for Nirasaki, Kobuchizawa and Matsumoto|
|2||■Chūō Main Line||sidetrack|
|3||■Chūō Main Line||for Kōfu, Ōtsuki, Hachiōji and Shinjuku|
|Kōfu||Chūō Main Line||Shiozaki|
Highway buses depart from south exit.
- Chūō Kōsoku Bus; For Shinjuku Station (Yamanashi Kōtsū, Keio Bus East)
- Airport Limousine; For Haneda Airport (YamanashiKotsu, Keihin Kyuko Line)
- For Yokohama Station (Yamanashi Kotsu, Keihin Kyuko Bus)
- Airport Limousine; For Narita International Airport (Yamanashi Kotsu, Chiba Kotsu)
- For Minobu, Shin-Shizuoka Station, and Shizuoka Station (Yamanashi Kotsu, Shizutetsu Justline)
- Nagoya Liner Kofu; For Iida, Nakatsugawa, and Nagoya Station (Yamanashi Kotsu, JR Tokai Bus)
- Crystal Liner; For Kyōto Station, Ōsaka Station, Ōsaka Namba Station, and Universal Studios Japan (Yamanashi Kotsu, Kintetsu Bus)
- Miyoshi Kozo. Chuo-sen Machi to eki Hyaku-niju nen. JT Publishing (2009) ISBN 453307698X (Japanese)
- JR全線全駅ステーション倶楽部編(上) [Complete JR Line/Station Compendium (Vol. 1)] (in Japanese). Tokyo, Japan: Bunshun Bunko. September 1988. p. 0. ISBN 4-16-748701-2.
- "Yamanashi Kotsu Highway Buses" (in Japanese). Retrieved 21 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryūō Station.|