|Born||December 5, 1979|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||Universal Classics and Jazz|
They were originally part of the boy band b4-4 (renamed Before Four for European later releases) that also included Ohad Einbinder. They later on worked as a vocal duo as RyanDan. They have also produced for a number of mainly Canadian artists including Blake McGrath, Shawn Desman, Danny Fernandes, Tyler Medeiros, Mia Martina and Massari and others.
Identical twins Ryan and Dan Kowarsky were born December 5, 1979. The youngest of five children in a Jewish family, they grew up in the Thornhill neighbourhood north of Toronto. Their father, Paul, a South African who attended King David Linksfield (a Jewish day school in Johannesburg, South Africa), is a talented operatic singer who frequently sang as a cantor in synagogues both in South Africa and after immigrating to Canada. Their mother Adele Gould was also instrumental in encouraging them. She was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2004. In high school, Ryan and Dan shared the lead role in their school's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
In band b4-4 / Before Four
At age 16, they presented themselves at the offices of Sony Music Canada, and attracted the attention of record company executives when they sang "Show Me the Way to Go Home" in the reception area. They were signed to a record contract soon after forming a boy band called b4-4 along with their friend Ohad Einbinder. They received a Juno Award nomination in 2001 for Best New Group, but lost to Nickelback. They also enjoyed some success in Germany as Before Four.
They eventually wanted to cultivate a more adult sound and fan base, and in 2006, they moved to London. They recorded their album RyanDan with producer Steve Anderson, who has worked with Kylie Minogue and Paul McCartney. The duo is currently managed by Dani Matte at The Management Trust and Sander Shalinsky.
Their debut self-titled album received critical acclaim including "The Face", which was co-penned by Stephan Moccio and for "Tears of an Angel" written by the duo in memory of their late niece, Tal, who died from a brain tumour at age four while they were recording the album on which it appears.
Their scheduled follow-up album in 2010 entitled Silence Speaks was postponed and never released. The album was renamed Imagine but also failed to be released on schedule in 2011 and then in 2012. One song, "Is Love Enough (To Save the World)" has been released on Canadian radio with an accompanying music video.
Ryan & Dan are currently performing with Shania Twain during her Still The One show at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas which ends December, 2014. They have also performed with her at the Calgary Stampede and at Founders Week in Charlottetown, PEI (Canada) on August 30th, 2014.
Ryan and Dan Kowarsky have also devoted their talents to production. Their experience includes songwriting efforts for several tracks on Blake McGrath's Time to Move, including "Relax" , Mia Martina's "Latin Moon" and "Stereo Love"  , "Automatic" by Danny Fernandes  , and a number of tracks for Tyler Medeiros.
In popular culture
RyanDan's "Tears of an Angel" written for their niece struck with cancer was used in a group dance routine by dancers during episode 12 of season 10 of So You Think You Can Dance. The dance was designed by choreographer Bonnie Story who used the piece in an "anti-bullying" dance subject based on an actual bullying of a friend of hers.
In 2007, they also appeared on the BBC daytime TV cooking reality show Ready Steady Cook as assistant chefs.
RyanDan own a dog boarding camp just north of Toronto called Camp Cookstown, a 45 acre property.
- 2008: "The Water is Wide" (guest vocals) (Olivia Newton-John with Amy Sky and RyanDan) (appears in album A Celebration in Song: Olivia Newton-John & Friends)
|2007||"Like the Sun"||69||RyanDan|
- 2007: "Like the Sun" – Worldwide
- 2007: "The Face" – Canada only
- 2007: "High / O Holy Night" – UK only
- 2009: "Is Love Enough (To Save The World)" – Canada only
- 2009: "Open Arms" (Remake of the Journey song by the same title)
- 2010: "Tears of an Angel"
Songwriting and Production Credits
- 2010: "Relax" - Blake McGrath
- 2010: "Feel It" - Danny Fernandes ft. Shawn Desman
- 2010: "Girlfriend" - Tyler Medeiros ft. Danny Fernandes
- 2010: "Automatic" - Danny Fernandes ft. Belly
- 2011: "Latin Moon" - Mia Martina
- 2011: "Please Don't Go (Say I Love You)" - Tyler Medeiros
- 2011: "Stereo Love" - Mia Martina
- 2013: "Heartbreaker" - Mia Martina
- 2015: "Guilty as Sin" - Dan Talevski
- 2015: "My Religion" - Dan Talevski
- Lester, Paul (29 June 2007). "New band of the day: RyanDan". Guardian Unlimited. Retrieved 13 October 2007.
- Renzetti, Elizabeth (13 October 2007). "Twins Peak". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 13 October 2007.
- "RyanDan are certainly two of a kind". The Journal. 24 July 2007. p. 35.
- Music video for RyanDan's "Is Love Enough (To Save the World)" Their sophormore album "Imagine" was released on March 18th, 2014.
- Camp Cooktown Official website
- Ultratop Belgium RyanDan discography (Belgium)
- DutchCharts.nl RyanDan discography (Netherlands)
- SwedishCharts.com RyanDan discography (Sweden)