||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Kristoffer Lou Gonzales Agoncillo
April 10, 1979
Santa Mesa, Manila, Philippines
|Occupation||Host, singer, model, actor, photographer|
|Spouse(s)||Judy Ann Santos (m. 2009)|
Kristoffer Lou "Ryan" Gonzales Agoncillo (born April 10, 1979), popularly known as Ryan Agoncillo, is a Filipino film and television actor, model, singer, photographer, and TV host.
Agoncillo was born on April 10, 1979. Growing up in an upper-middle-class family, he attended private schools from elementary to college. He finished elementary and high school at San Beda College Alabang.
Agoncillo started modeling at the age of fifteen. He has appeared in various television commercials for a variety of products such as Greenwich Pizza (together with Donita Rose), Sprite, Smart Telecommunication, Emperador Brandy and Swish mouthwash.
Agoncillo became one of the original hosts of Mornings @ GMA, an early morning variety program of GMA Network. He also hosted Campus Video, a short-lived program shown every Saturday mornings at GMA Network.
He moved to ABS-CBN, and became a co-host in Talk TV, a late morning talk show co-hosted by broadcasters Julius Babao and Christine Bersola-Babao, and actress Janette McBride. Agoncillo was briefly paired with co-host Janet McBride. Rumors spread that the two were exclusively dating for a period of time.
He also hosted Breakfast, an early morning variety program; Star in a Million, with Edu Manzano and Zsa Zsa Padilla, and Y Speak, a youth-oriented talk show and debate forum. Both shows are still aired in Studio 23, an ABS-CBN subsidiary. He won his first KBP Golden Dove Awards for his Best Talk Show host in 2005 for Studio 23's Y Speak.
In August 2008, he began hosting TV5's Talentadong Pinoy, which showcases Filipino undiscovered talents. He also hosted Endemol's Pinoy Fear Factor which aired on ABS-CBN. Pinoy Fear Factor was shot entirely in Argentina.
For his hosting stints in Eat Bulaga! and Talentadong Pinoy, Agoncillo became a four-time awardee of the Aliw Award for Best Male Emcee, for which he won consecutively from 2007 to 2010. In 2010, he was elevated to the Hall of Fame.
Agoncillo joined the talent cast of ABS-CBN. He is most memorable for playing the love interest of Judy Ann Santos in the television soap opera Krystala. He again appeared with Santos in the movie Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo. He received best actor nominations from different award-giving bodies for his portrayal of a confused newly wed husband in this film. He will be doing a new movie with Judy Ann Santos called Mr. Housewife.
Agoncillo also played leading roles in independent film projects and television drama shows. He played the distinct roles of a grease-filled beggar and a transvestite in two separate dramatic episodes of Maalaala Mo Kaya, the biographical drama series of ABS-CBN.
He starred in the ABS-CBN television series, Ysabella with his long-time on-screen partner, Judy Ann Santos.
Agoncillo returns to acting again for his new role in May Bukas Pa (in a final episode) where he plays a media cameraman after his wife Judy Ann Santos also guested in the show (in a different episodes).
Agoncillo appeared in Lady Dada on TV5 in 2010.
Agoncillo returned to acting again for his very first television role on GMA in My Husband's Lover (also in a last week of the drama series), with his co-stars Carla Abellana and Dennis Trillo in 2013.
After months of speculation, Ryan Agoncillo and Judy Ann Santos got married in a private wedding on the early morning of April 28, 2009, at the San Juan de Nepomuceno Church in San Juan, Batangas, Philippines.
Agoncillo and his wife are now parents to daughter Johanna Louis (Yohan) and son Juan Luis (Lucho). In June 2015, Santos and Agoncillo both announced that they are currently expecting a third child. A daughter named Juana Luisa (Luna) wss born in 2016.
Agoncillo had a one-man colored photo exhibit at Glorietta sponsored by Fujifilm in 2007. He published a black-and-white photography coffeetable book titled "Ploning - the Making" as a birthday gift to his fiancee, Judy Ann Santos in 2008.
|Year||TV Show||Role / Episodes||Network / Channel|
|2016||Pepito Manaloto||Jingo Ismol A Crossover From Ismol Family||GMA Network|
|2016||Dalangin ng Ama: Eat Bulaga Lenten Special 2016||PO2 Ramil Abquilan||GMA Network - post production|
|2015||Cash Cab Philippines||Host||AXN Asia|
|2015||Sabado Badoo||Cameo Featured Footage||GMA Network|
|2015||Pinagpalang Ama: Eat Bulaga Lenten Drama Special 2015||Junior||GMA Network - post production|
|2014-present||Ismol Family||Jingo Ismol||GMA Network|
|2014||Anyo Ng Pag-Ibig: Eat Bulaga Lenten Drama Special 2014||Junior||GMA Network - post production|
|2014||Celebrity Bluff||Guest Celebrity Gangnamm||GMA Network|
|2013–2014||Picture! Picture!||Host||GMA Network|
|2013||My Husband's Lover||Samuel Ladesma/Sam||GMA Network|
|2012–2013||Talentadong Pinoy Worldwide||Host||TV5|
|2013||Dancing Nation Philippines: A Talentadong Pinoy Special Edition||Host||TV5|
|2012–2013||Talentadong Pinoy Junior||Host||TV5|
|2012||Talentadong Pinoy Kids Edition||Host||TV5|
|2010||May Bukas Pa||Paulo||ABS-CBN|
|2009–present||Eat Bulaga!||Co-Host||GMA Network|
|2009-2010||George and Cecil||Cecil||ABS-CBN|
|2008–2009||Pinoy Fear Factor||Himself / Host||ABS-CBN|
|2008–2013||Talentadong Pinoy||Himself / Host||TV5|
|2007–2008||Ysabella||Albert Amarillo / Andrew Amarillo||ABS-CBN|
|2006||Your Song Presents: No Ordinary Love||Various||ABS-CBN|
|2006||Philippine Idol||Himself / Host||ABC-5|
|2006||Bituing Walang Ningning||Nico Escobar||ABS-CBN|
|2006||Komiks||Episode: "Inday Bote"||ABS-CBN|
|2003–2006||Y Speak||Himself / Host||ABS-CBN|
|2001–2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Various||ABS-CBN|
|2001–2006||Magandang Umaga Bayan||Himself / Host||ABS-CBN|
|2001–2003||Review Night||Himself / Host||Cinema One|
|2001–2003||Kiss the Cook||Himself / Host||Studio 23|
|2001–2003||Star In A Million||Himself / Host||ABS-CBN|
|2001–2002||Unang Hirit||Himself / Host||GMA Network|
|2001–2002||Talk TV||Himself / Host||ABS-CBN|
|2000–2002||Breakfast||Himself / Host||Studio 23|
|1998–1999||Mornings @ GMA||Himself / Host||GMA Network|
|1998–2000||Campus Video||Himself||GMA Network|
|2013||Ano Ang Kulay Ng Mga Nakalimutang Pangarap?||Andre||Film Development Council of the Philippines, Singeng Pambansa, Largarista Productions|
|2011||My House Husband: Ikaw Na!||Rodrigo||OctoArts Films|
|2008||Iskul Bukol: 20 years After||Cambodian tour guide/Himself||APT Entertainment, MZet Productions, OctoArts Films|
|2007||My Kuya's Wedding||Jeff||Regal Entertainment|
|2007||Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo||Jed||Star Cinema|
|2007||Ouija||cameo||GMA Films, Viva Films|
|2006||Kasal Kasali Kasalo||Jed||Star Cinema|
|2005||Umaaraw, Umuulan||Paolo||Heaven's Best Entertainment|
|Year||Album title||Recording company|
|2006||Lovespeak - No Ordinary Love||Vicor Music|
|2006||One Heart, One Hand||Sony BMG Music Entertainment|
- I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song
- Ikaw ang Pag-ibig
Awards and recognitions
- Nominated, Best Actor, 2011 PMPC Star Awards for Movies
- Anak TV " Awards 2010 - Favorite Anak TV Makabata Star
- "Hall of Fame" Aliw Awards 2010 - Best Male Emcee
- "Anak TV Seal Award" - 2010 with wife Judy Ann Santos
- Winner, Best Talent Show Host - 2009 PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Winner, Male Star Of The Night - 2009 MTRCB TV Awards
- Winner, German Moreno Youth Achievement Award 2008 - FAMAS Awards Night 2008
- Winner, Best Public Affairs Program Host "Y-Speak" - 2007 KBP Golden Dove Awards
- Winner, Best Emcee - 2007, 2008 & 2009 Aliw Awards
- Winner, Most Admired Male TV Personality - 2009 Anak TV Seal Awards
- Nominated, Best Actor for "Kasal...Kasali...Kasalo, FAMAS Awards 2006
- Nominated, Best Supporting Actor for "Kutob", FAP Awards 2006
- Nominated, Best Actor (Pinakamahusay na Pangunahing Aktor), Gawad Urian Award 2007
- Outstanding Original Reality Competition Program Host, 8th ENPRESS Golden Screen Awards 2011
- San Diego, Bayani (June 26, 2014). "Ryan Agoncillo: No to ‘Talentado’ return". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- Bonifacio, Julie (August 4, 2008). "Ryan Agoncillo to host "Pinoy Fear Factor," trains for his role in "Pieta"". Philippine Entertainment Portal (GMA New Media). Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Ryan Agoncillo makes good career move to join Eat Bulaga". The Philippine Star. October 28, 2009. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "TV5 launches P.O.5!". Philippine Entertainment Portal (GMA New Media). April 19, 2010. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn (October 19, 2010). "Sarah Geronimo named Entertainer of the Year at the 23rd Aliw Awards". Philippine Entertainment Portal (GMA New Media). Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Ryan Agoncillo prioritizes time with family, hosts ‘Picture! Picture!'". Sun.Star. November 19, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Ryan Agoncillo is Kuya Driver in Cash Cab Philippines". GMA News Online (GMA Network Inc.). December 10, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "GMA NEWS.TV, Judy Ann, Ryan confirm their engagement". Gmanews.tv. 2008-06-19. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo Tie the Knot.
- "Judy Ann Santos is pregnant". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. 10 June 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.