Ryan Austin (footballer)
|Full name||Ryan Austin|
|Date of birth||15 November 1984|
|Place of birth||Stoke-on-Trent, England|
|Height||6 ft 2.5 in (1.89 m)|
|Kidsgrove Athletic (player manager)|
|2004–2005||→ Burton Albion (loan)||30||(0)|
|2012||→ Brackley Town (loan)||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
After starting out as a trainee at Crewe Alexandra in 2004 he was later promoted to the first-team. He then had a successful loan spell at Burton Albion impressing manager Nigel Clough. In August 2004, he signed for Burton Albion on a free transfer from Crewe. A regular for Burton in the Football Conference, Austin made his Football League debut on 8 August 2009 in a 3–1 away defeat to Shrewsbury Town. Austin has also played for the England C national football team at semi-professional level.
Austin was ruled out until the end of the 2009–10 season with a torn knee ligament. He made his return to the side after injury against Rotherham United on 11 September 2010.Austin was released by Burton Albion at the end of the 2011/2012 campaign. In July 2012 he joined Kidderminster Harriers. In October 2012 he joined Brackley Town on loan. In January 2013, Austin joined Brackley on a permanent deal.
- Williams, Mike; Williams, Tony, eds. (2013). Non-League Club Directory 2014. Tony Williams Publications. p. 1006. ISBN 978-1-869833-72-5.
- Shrewsbury 3 – 1 Burton Albion
- "Latest NGXI Squad". The Football Association. 1 November 2006. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Burton Albion release quartet but Nathan Stanton agrees deal". BBC Sport. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Kidderminster Harriers sign Burton defender Ryan Austin". BBC Sport. 4 July 2012.
- "Harriers Austin Loaned to Brackley". Football Conference. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Kidsgrove Athletic appoint new manager after poor start to season". Stoke Sentinel. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan Austin (footballer).|