Charles playing for Rushden & Diamonds in 2010
|Full name||Ryan Andrew Charles|
|Date of birth||30 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Enfield, London, England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Striker, winger|
|Bishop's Stortford F.C|
|2006–2007||→ Hitchin Town (loan)||10||(3)|
|2007–2008||→ Hinckley United (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009||→ Kettering Town (loan)||9||(1)|
|2009||→ Kidderminster Harriers (loan)||3||(0)|
|2010–2011||Rushden & Diamonds||39||(11)|
|2012||→ Newport County (loan)||14||(2)|
|2013||Hemel Hempstead Town||11||(6)|
|2013||→ Bath City (loan)||7||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Ryan Andrew Charles (born 30 September 1989) is an English Ex Professional footballer who is now a full-time football consultant with Elite Management Agency working alongside his former team mate Kevin Nicholls.
In his first year as an apprentice in 2006, Charles scored 17 goals for the youth team, earning him the top goal scorer acclaim. He was loaned to neighbouring Hitchin Town during the 2006–07 campaign, where he netted 3 goals in 10 appearances for the Canaries, including a 25-yard volley against Rugby Town.
In his second year as a scholar, Charles was sent out on loan to Conference North side Hinckley United in December 2007, where he made two appearances, one in the league, in a two-month loan spell.
On 8 April 2008 Charles made his Luton Town debut as a substitute against Southend United. He went on to make 7 league appearances for Luton during the latter part of the season, operating in attack alongside Sam Parkin. He scored his first goal for the club in a 3–0 victory against Oldham Athletic, after chesting the ball down, turning his marker and volleying home. This goal earned him the 'Goal of the Season' award as voted for by Hatters fans. Charles signed a professional contract at the end of the season, and was also awarded the ‘Young Player of the Season' trophy.
In the 2008–09 season, Charles made ten league appearances for Luton, scoring once. He also scored in the Football League Trophy Southern Area Final in a 4–3 penalty shoot-out victory against Brighton that saw Luton into the final at Wembley, which they went on to win. On 26 March 2009, Charles was sent on loan to Kettering Town, where he made nine appearances, scoring once.
On 26 November 2009, Charles joined Kidderminster Harriers, the team he had scored a late winner against as a Luton player in October, on a one-month loan as part of the deal taking Harriers striker Matthew Barnes-Homer to Luton. He played three games at Kidderminster, before returning to Luton. Charles did not play another game that season, and was released from the club on 31 May 2010.
In June 2011, he joined Cambridge United. He was a free transfer due to Rushden and Diamonds' expulsion from the football conference. He signed a one-year contract with Cambridge United in the summer of 2011.
On 6 January 2012 Charles joined Newport County on loan until the end of the 2011–12 season. Charles made his debut for Newport versus Luton on 7 January but was sent off after 33 minutes for a two-footed challenge. Following the end of his loan spell at Newport County, Charles left parent club Cambridge United as he decided not to exercise his one-year extension to his contract and joined Newport on a permanent deal. Charles was released by Newport County on 5 February 2013.
On 6 June 2014 it was announced that Ryan had signed for Isthmian League team Billericay Town  reuniting him with former Luton team mate George Beavan. Twenty-two days later it was announced that Ryan had signed for Hertfordshire side Chesham United F.C.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Ryan Charles at lutonfc.com". lutonfc.com. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- "Player profile: Ryan Charles". Luton Town FC. 30 June 2008. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Hitchin 1–2 Rugby". Hitchin Town F.C. 4 April 2007. Retrieved 3 May 2009.
- "Ryan Charles at the Hinckley United database". Hinckley United F.C. Retrieved 20 November 2001.
- "Match report: Luton 3–0 Oldham". Luton Town F.C. 15 March 2008. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Luton Town end of season awards". Luton Town F.C. 06/05/2008. Retrieved 30 April 2009. Check date values in:
- "Poppies sign Luton Town striker". BBC Sport. 26 March 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Kidderminster 1–2 Luton". BBC Sport. 10 October 2009. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Luton sign Harriers' Barnes-Homer". BBC Sport. 26 November 2009. Retrieved 26 November 2009.
- "Luton Town release Ryan Charles and George Beavan". BBC Sport. 31 May 2010. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "Rushden & Diamonds sign ex-Luton striker Ryan Charles". BBC Sport. 16 June 2010. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- "Striker Charles joins United". Cambridge News. 14 June 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Charles joins Newport County
- "McAuley 'must aspire to more than Three Lions'". Cambridge News. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan Charles.|