Ryan Connolly in action for Galway United
|Full name||Ryan Michael Connolly|
|Date of birth||13 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Castlebar, Ireland|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2011||→ Ayr United (loan)||9||(0)|
|2013||→ Longford Town (loan)||11||(2)|
|2009||Republic of Ireland U17|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:56, 11 March 2017 (UTC).
Ryan Michael Connolly (born 13 January 1992) is an Irish professional footballer who plays for Shamrock Rovers. Connolly previously played for Football League Championship side Derby County. He plays in midfield and has represented the Republic of Ireland at U-16 level.
Connolly began his career as a scholar in the Derby County Academy, and had his first experience of first team football came when he was named as a substitute for Derby County's FA Cup 5th Round tie at home to Birmingham City in February 2010 before making his full debut as a late substitute in Derby's 2–0 victory over Cardiff City on the final day of the 2009–10 season. Although primarily involved with the youth team – scoring twice in a 6–1 win over Peterborough United in the FA Youth Cup -Connolly also appeared for the Derby County Reserves side which won the 2009–10 Central League Central Section title, starting three of his nine appearances and scoring the winner in a 1–0 win over Sheffield Wednesday. He was named as Derby's Scholar of the Year for the 2009/10 season and signed his first professional deal with the club on 8 July 2010.
Connolly's career suffered a setback when he suffered a cruciate ligament injury during a Under 18's friendly in August 2010, which ruled him out for six months. Despite this setback he was given a new one year contract extension, alongside compariate Jeff Hendrick, in January 2011 to take him through until Summer 2012. He returned to competitive action on 3 May 2011 when he appeared as a second half substitute in Derby County reserves 4–0 victory at Sheffield United, which clinched the club's second consecutive totesport Central League title.
On 31 August 2011, Connolly joined Scottish First Division side Ayr United on loan until 31 December 2011. Connolly spent the majority of his time at Ayr on the substitutes bench as he featured 12 times for The Honest Men. Connolly was named on the Derby County substitute bench in a 2–0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion on 20 March 2012, being allocated squad number 34. 
Connolly signed for Sligo Rovers in June 2012.
Connolly was born in Ballyglass, County Mayo and is a product of the Ballyglass FC Youth Team System. He has represented the Republic of Ireland at Under 15, 16 and Under 17 level. He was called up to the Republic of Ireland Under 19 for the first time, alongside fellow Derby County player Jeff Hendrick, on 29 July 2010.
- Derby County F.C. Scholar of the Year 2009/10.
- Central League Central Division Champions 2009/10
(correct as of 26 December 2011)
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Ayr United (loan)||2011–12||9||0||2||0||0||0||1||0||12||0|
- "Ryan Connolly". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Ryan Connolly". dcfc.co.uk. 2 January 2010.
- "Derby County 2 – 0 Cardiff City". dcfc.co.uk. 2 May 2010.
- "Reserves claim 1–0 win". dcfc.co.uk. 3 March 2010.
- "Savage named Player of the Year". dcfc.co.uk. 30 April 2010.
- "Academy Five sign professional deals". dcfc.co.uk. 8 July 2010.
- "Derby youngster Ryan Connolly out for six months". BBC Sport. 19 August 2010.
- "Hendrick and Connolly agree new Derby deals". Football Association of Ireland. 20 January 2011.
- "Youngster Connolly Joins Ayr on Loan". dcfc.co.uk. 31 August 2011.
- "Brighton 2 – 0 Derby". BBC Sport. 20 March 2012.
- "Young Quartet Allowed To Leave The Rams". dcfc.co.uk. 3 May 2012.
- "Youngsters Get Ireland Call-Ups". dcfc.co.uk. 29 July 2010.
- Ryan Connolly's at Soccerbase