Ryan Davis (American football)
|No. 56 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||February 24, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Tampa, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||275 lb (125 kg)|
|High school:||Tampa (FL) Blake|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Ryan Davis (born February 24, 1989) is an American football defensive end for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football at Bethune-Cookman.
He was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster on October 5. He was released on October 23 and re-signed to the practice squad the next day. He was again released from the practice squad on November 21 and re-signed to the practice squad four days later. He was signed to the active roster at the conclusion of the season.
Davis was released on August 30, 2013 and signed to the team's practice squad on September 1. He was promoted to the active roster on November 15.
During the season, Davis had two game ending plays against the Houston Texans. When the Jaguars played the Texans in Houston in November, Davis made a game ending interception. In a December victory in Jacksonville, Davis sacked Houston quarterback Matt Schaub while the Texans did not have any timeouts remaining and the clock ran out.
He played in 14 games as a backup at defensive end and finished with 3.5 sacks.
On September 13, 2016, Davis was signed by the Dallas Cowboys, who were looking to improve their depth at the defensive end position with the suspensions to DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory. On December 28, 2016, he was placed on injured reserve after suffering a knee injury in Week 16. He finished the season with 3 tackles and 6 quarterback pressures.
- "Jaguars sign 17 rookie Free Agents". www.jaguars.com. 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Kernan, Sean (2013-12-10). "Ryan Davis makes another game-ending play for Jacksonville Jaguars". News-JournalOnline.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "Ryan Davis". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Oehser, John. "Down to 53: LB Davis, OG Bernadeau released". Jaguars.com.
- Phillips, Rob. "Cowboys Sign Veteran Defensive End Davis For Pass Rush Depth". DallasCowboys.com.
- Halprin, Dave (December 28, 2016). "Cowboys Lose A Defensive Lineman To Injury, Sign A New Player To Take His Place". BloggingTheBoys.com.
- Brown, Chris (March 13, 2017). "Bills add a defensive end in free agency". BuffaloBills.com.