|Full name||Ryan Dow|
|Date of birth||7 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Dundee, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2011||→ Forfar Athletic (loan)||11||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:02, 10 September 2016 (UTC).
Ryan Dow (born 7 June 1991) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a forward for Ross County. A product of the Dundee United youth system, he turned professional in 2007. After making his first team debut in 2011, he went on to become a first team regular after a spell on loan to Forfar Athletic. He left Dundee United in the 2016 close season and signed for Ross County in September.
Ryan Dow was born in Dundee on 7 June 1991. He attended Harris Academy in the city, and was part of the school football team that won the Scottish Schools' Shield in 2005. having previously been attached to Dundee as a youth player, Dow joined to Dundee United in 2005, going on to sign a professional contract in June 2007.
Dow's first involvement with the Dundee United first team came in July 2007, when he appeared as a substitute in a pre-season friendly against Airdrie United. Over the next three years he established himself in the Dundee United youth and reserve sides, and was top scorer for the under-19 team in season 2008–09. It was announced in July 2009 that Dow would be joining Forfar Athletic on loan, but the move was never completed.
Dow made his competitive debut for the Dundee United first team on 1 May 2010, at home to Rangers. After coming on as an early substitute, he set up United's goal in the 2–1 defeat. Dow was named man of the match and, shortly afterwards, he signed a contract extension until 2012.
Dow was named in 12 matchday squads during the 2010–11 season, but made only one substitute appearance, against St Mirren in November 2010. He was loaned out to Forfar Athletic in March 2011 for the remainder of the season, to gain experience. He made twelve appearances for the Second Division club, scoring three goals and helping them reach the promotion play-offs. Dow later described his time at Forfar as "a great experience... It does toughen you up when you go down to the lower leagues".
Over the next two seasons, Dow began to feature more regularly in the Dundee United squad. He scored his first goal for the club on 20 September 2011, when he opened the scoring in a Scottish League Cup tie against Airdrie United. He signed an extended contract in October 2011, keeping him at Dundee United until 2014. His first league goal came on 11 May 2013, in a 2–1 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
Dow began to play more regularly after Jackie McNamara became Dundee United manager in 2013. He was selected to start in the first match of the 2013–14 season, ahead of more established players like Gary Mackay-Steven. As the season progressed, Dow was often selected in the middle of a front three formation, despite strong competition for the attacking positions in the team. He later had an extended run in the first team and scored his first goal of the season, in a 3–1 win over Motherwell on 21 February 2014. His second goal came on 26 March 2014, as Dundee United beat Inverness 2–1. Then, on 26 April 2014, Dow scored his third goal of the season in a 5–1 win over Motherwell. On 13 May 2014, Dow signed a new contract until 2016, ending three months of negotiations. A few days after signing his new deal, Dow started in the Scottish Cup Final, as Dundee United lost 2–0 to St Johnstone.
|Forfar Athletic (loan)||2010–11||11||3||0||0||0||0||1||0||12||3|
- "First team - Ryan Dow". Dundee United F.C. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "KEEPER SIGNS PRE CONTRACT". Dundee United F.C. 6 July 2009. Archived from the original on 23 June 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Lindsay, Clive (1 May 2010). "Dundee United 1 - 2 Rangers". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Tannadice duo extend Dundee United contracts". BBC Sport. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Dow goes straight in for Forfar". Press and Journal. 15 March 2011. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Games played by Ryan Dow in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Robertson, Neil (10 August 2013). "Dundee United v Inverness: Patient Ryan Dow aiming to cement his place". The Courier. Dundee. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Terrors made to work at Airdrie". Sky Sports. BSkyB. 20 September 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- "Ryan Dow agrees new deal at Dundee United". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 October 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Spence, Jim (11 May 2013). "Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 - 2 Dundee United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Gordon, Moira (9 March 2014). "Tide has turned for Dundee United's Ryan Dow". The Scotsman. Edinburgh. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Southwick, Andrew (21 February 2014). "Scottish Premiership: Dundee United 3-1 Motherwell". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Southwick, Andrew (26 March 2014). "Scottish Premiership: Dundee United 2-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Sutherland, Jonathan (26 April 2014). "Dundee United 5 - 1 Motherwell". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "CONTRACT EXTENSIONS FOR DOW AND McCALLUM". Dundee United F.C. 13 May 2014. Archived from the original on 23 June 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Ryan Dow opens talks over new deal at Dundee United". The Courier. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Wilson, Richard (17 May 2014). "Scottish Cup Final: St Johnstone 2 - 0 Dundee United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Nicolson, Eric (4 May 2016). "Dundee United confirm eight released". The Courier. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Ryan Dow signs on at Ross County until the end of the season". Ross County FC. 9 September 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Ryan Dow career statistics at Soccerbase
- Ryan Dow profile at Soccerway