Ryan Farish press kit photo from the release Movement in Light
|Genres||Electronic, chillout, downtempo, ambient, progressive trance, dream trance, uplifting trance, Ibiza trance|
|Occupation(s)||Producer, DJ, composer, electronic musician, musician, pianist, songwriter, A&R, record label executive|
|Instruments||Violin, piano, guitar, drums, synthesizer, bass guitar, drum machine, personal computer, percussion|
|Labels||RYTONE Entertainment, EMI, Black Hole Recordings,|
|Pioneer RMX-1000, HDJ-2000 DJ Headphones, CDJ 2000, Access Virus TI Polar, Ableton Live, Logic, Mogami cables, Sylenth1, Fender, Martin, Ibanez, Native, Massive, Maschine, Apogee, Novation, Cordoba, Plug ins by iZotope|
Ryan Farish is an American electronic artist, producer and DJ.
Ryan Farish's achievements include numerous charting albums on Billboard, iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play, co-writer/co-publisher for a GRAMMY Award-Nominated Recording, a video series with Audi North America, his globally syndicated lifestyle brand and radio show, “Chasing the Sun” and “Positive Chillout”, and performing Neon Carnival at Coachella  sponsored by Google Play, T-Mobile, and Armani Exchange. With over 60 million views/plays on YouTube and 2 million downloads on the first generation mp3.com, Ryan Farish has been noted as a “Download King” by L.A.'s Music Connection Industry Magazine. Established in 2008, Ryan's self-owned record label, RYTONE Entertainment, is home to all of his own releases as well as those of other collaborative artists. He has released 30 titles with over 200 tracks of his electronic music. Ryan Farish has charted on iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play. Ryan Farish has licensed his music worldwide to major corporations such as: Audi, Chevrolet, MTV, VH1, Sony, Google and T-Mobile, as well as the 2013 movie “Despicable Me 2”.
As a songwriter/producer/composer/multi-instrumentalist, Farish launched his music career on the first generation MP3.com. It was at this site where he received 1.8 million downloads of his trademark, electronic/world music.
A Farish song, "Pacific Wind," was featured in a popular YouTube video, entitled "Remember Me," created by a 15-year-old high school student named Lizzie Palmer. The video, a sentimental montage of soldiers in the Iraq War, was ranked as the 48th most watched YouTube video of all time as of April 26, 2008. As of January 2015, it has received over 31.8 million views. Palmer and Farish gained renown from the prominence of the video; the former was interviewed on news networks including CNN. To date, listener supported videos have reached beyond 60 million views on YouTube.com.
In 2004, after many requests as to what genre Ryan Farish considered his music to be, Ryan coined the name "Positive Chillout" to be a reference to his unique brand of uplifting, Chillout electronic music. In November 2006, Ryan Farish published this title, on his owned/operated Live365 internet Radio Station, "Positive Chillout", as well as RyanFarish.com and PositiveChillout.com.
The Live365 radio station was first created in November 2006 as “Positive Chillout”. In 2010, Ryan re-launched the show on DI.FM's (Digitally Imported) "Chillout Dreams" channel as “Positive Chillout with Ryan Farish”. The new show brought an emphasis on Electronic Chillout Music, which is considered positive and uplifting.
In November 2014, Ryan Farish launched his "Positive Chillout" station on AccuRadio.
January 2011, Ryan Farish debuted his Progressive Trance radio show "Elevation" on Hot 100.5 on WVHT-FM of Max Media. Elevation is a two-hour exclusive DJ mix set produced and hosted by Ryan Farish.
On November 19, 2013, Ryan Farish's single "Then Came the Sun" charted at #9 in the Sirius XM Electric Area "Trance Top 20".
From November 26 to December 2, 2013, Ryan Farish's album Destiny debuted on Pandora Premieres.
Ryan Farish's 11th Studio release, Spectrum (Rytone/2015) awarded Hot Shot Debut by Billboard Magazine, coming in at chart Position #5 Best Selling New Age albums first week of sales.
In 2011, Ryan Farish was featured by Audi USA in a series called "Remarkable Audi". In this short film which also features Ryan's music, Ryan discusses the qualities of Audi's audio engineering and how he uses the advanced sound of his Audi as part of his creative process.
In November 2012, Ryan's pursuit for excellence in sound was highlighted in a video entitled "Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System for Audi," featuring Bang & Olufsen's commitment to superior quality and design with Audi.
In December 2012, displaying his album Life In Stereo, Google Play selected Ryan Farish as one of the Best Unsigned Artists of 2012.
Ryan has collaborated with a variety of artists. In 2008, Ryan worked with multi-platinum recording artist Donna Lewis to release their first collaborative single "Dancing Angel". Lewis is widely known for her No.1 hit "I Love You, Always Forever" (Now in A Minute/Atlantic Records).
He also co-wrote and co-published "Listen" for Trin-i-tee 5:7's album T57, which was nominated for a Grammy and won a Dove Award.
Farish also produced and cowrote an EP with Nathan Morris, "Just Me, Just You".
On June 22, 2010, Ryan Farish released "Reflections", a collaborative effort between Farish and English artist Paul Hardcastle.
On August 9, 2010, following the heels of his release with jazz master Paul Hardcastle, Farish digitally released a tune with Paul’s son on RYTONE Entertainment. Called “Sunset Sky,” the number features Paul Hardcastle Jr. on the saxophone mixed with a twist on Ryan’s signature melodies.
On October 11, 2011, Ryan Farish and Paul Hardcastle, both masters of Chillout, announce "Transcontinental", a collection of new music featuring the vocals of Paul's daughter Maxine Hardcastle and son Paul Hardcastle Jr.
Ryan Farish won a Dove Award at the 39th Annual GMAs (2007) and co-writer/co-publisher for a GRAMMY Award-Nominated Recording (2007) and has had several top ten Billboard.com charting songs. The Dove Award was for co-writing the hit gospel song, "Listen" for Trin-i-Tee 5:7.
2010 - Producer Ryan Farish was named by The Recording Academy Washington, D.C. Chapter Board as the Chapter’s first-appointed Advisor representing the VA Beach/Tidewater area.
2011 - Producer Ryan Farish is named as an elected Governor by The Recording Academy Washington, D.C. Chapter Board
In the summer of 2013, Ryan Farish's song "Be Near" from his album Wonderfall (2008) was licensed by NBCUniversal/Universal Studios to be used in radio promotional for the major motion picture Despicable Me 2.
In 2013, Farish's album Destiny debuted on the iTunes Top Dance Charts at #64.
Ryan Farish's 11th Studio release, Spectrum (Rytone/2015) awarded "Hot Shot Debut" by Billboard Magazine, coming in at chart Position #5 Best Selling New Age albums first week of sales.
- Spectrum (2015)
- Destiny (2013)
- Life In Stereo (2012)
- Main Room Architecture (2012)
- Upon A Dream (2011)
- Opus Reloaded (2011)
- Opus (2010)
- Bloom (2010)
- Movement in Light (2009)
- Spirit (A Ryan Farish Christmas) - EP (2009)
- Wonderfall (2008)
- Everlasting (2006)
- From the Sky (2005)
- Beautiful (2004)
- Live at the National (2009)
- "Distance (feat. Coury Palermo)" (2014)
- "Home" (2014)
- "Love in the Air" (2014)
- "Then Came the Sun" (2013)
- "Sunset Sky" (2010)
- "Depth of Love" (2010)
- "Reflections" (2010)
- "Perfect Clarity" (2010)
- "Come Into My World" (2010)
- "Iceland" (2010)
- "Storm Chaser" (2009)
- "L.A. Nights" (2009)
- "Love Song" (2009)
- "Clouds of Heaven" (2009)
- "In This Moment" (2008)
- "Pacific Wind - Sunday Morning Mix" (2008)
- "Believe" (2008)
- Legacy (Greatest Hits 2000-2010) (2010)
- Spa Relaxation (2008)
- Selected Works Xpanded (2003)
- Selected Works (2002)
- Daydreamer (2002)
- Beyond the Horizon (2000)
- In the Day (2000)
- Beautiful - Deluxe Version (2009)
- From the Sky - Deluxe Version (2009)
- Everlasting - Deluxe Version (2009)
- Rare & Remastered: 2000–2002 Sessions (2009)
- In the Day - Remastered (2009)
- - ive from Neon Carnival: Ryan Farish, Google Play Magnified Artist
- Love Angeles
- MP3.com - Ryan Farish Summary
- YouTube - Remember Me
- Live 365- Positive Chillout
- Chillout Dreams
- "Elevation: Presented By Ryan Farish, Makes Worldwide Debut",pressreleasepoint.com, 2011-01-28.
- Ryan Farish signs exclusive endorsement deal with Yamaha Corporation of America.
- Youtube.com - Remarkable Audi - Ryan Farish
- MotorTrend.com - Video Find: Check One, Two – Audi A8 Doubles as Sound Studio
- Youtube.com - Video: Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System for Audi
-  - Best Unsigned Artists of 2012 - Music on Google Play
- Lewis, Donna."Donna Creates New Music with Ryan Farish!",DonnaLewis.com, 2010-04-15.
- Price, Deborah Evans. "39th Annual GMA Dove Awards Recap", GospelMusicChannel.com, 2010-04-15.
- Risco, Israel."Nathan Morris -Just Me, Just You (EP)", pluggedmusic.tumblr.com, 2010-04-15.
- "Ryan Farish Releases "Reflections" With Paul Hardcastle, Single "Perfect Clarity" And Named To The Recording Academy Board",Mi2n.com, 2010-07-23.
- "RYAN FARISH RELEASES COLLABORATION WITH CONTEMPORARY SMOOTH JAZZ MUSICIAN PAUL HARDCASTLE, JR.",Mi2n.com, 2010-08-21.
- D.C. CHAPTER WELCOMES NEWLY ELECTED TRUSTEE, OFFICERS AND GOVERNORS
- Grammy365.com - Ryan Farish Named As An Elected Governor by The Recording Academy Washington, D.C. Chapter Board
- DI.FM Chillout Dreams channel
- Positive Chillout with Ryan Farish
- The Recording Company Washington D.C. Chapter
- Ryan Farish Yamaha Artist Page
- Ryan Farish Discography
- Official Site of Ryan Farish
- Official Ryan Farish YouTube Channel
- Ryan Farish's Myspace Page
- Ryan Farish at AllMusic