Ryan Grant (rugby union)
|Birth name||Ryan Grant|
|Date of birth||8 October 1985|
|Place of birth||Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||111 kg (17 st 7 lb)|
|School||Alice Smith School|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union career
He played rugby for the Army before making the grade at Professional level.
Weighing in at 249 lb for 6"1 he played prop for provincial side Glasgow Warriors from 2010, having previously played for the Scottish professional sides Border Reivers and Edinburgh Rugby making him one of a few players to have played for three of Scotland's professional teams. He was named in the Pro12 Dream Team at the end of the 2012/13 season.
At the start of the 2017-18 season Grant was back in Scotland, this time with Edinburgh Rugby again. He trained with Edinburgh and played in their August match against Newcastle Falcons at The Greenyards.
He made his Scotland debut in the first Test of the 2012 summer tour, starting against Australia at the Hunter Stadium in New South Wales. He continued to start in the further two wins over Fiji and Samoa.
- " "LinkedIn".
- "Warriors in BT Premiership action - Glasgow Warriors".
- RFC, Ayr (28 September 2017). "We're delighted that @ryangrant85 has signed a deal with @GlasgowWarriors after a few good run-outs in the #pinkandblack shirt this season!pic.twitter.com/VOhopXJHC1".
- "Worcester Warriors – Official website of Worcester Warriors Rugby Club". www.warriors.co.uk.
- "Ryan Grant rejoins Glasgow Warriors on short-term deal". www.scotsman.com.
- "Warriors sign Grant and Beattie - Glasgow Warriors". www.glasgowwarriors.org.
- Mason, Jim (6 June 2012). "Ryan Grant urges Scotland to continue tour momentum". BBC Sport.
- Hamilton, Tom. "Cian Healy ruled out of tour with ankle injury".
- "Glasgow Warriors - Coaching role for Ruaridh Jackson". www.glasgowwarriors.com.
|This Scottish rugby union biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|