Ryan James Hoyt|
August 10, 1979
Los Angeles, California
|Known for||Murder of Nicholas Markowitz.|
Ryan James Hoyt (born August 10, 1979) was an associate of Jesse James Hollywood and was convicted of the murder of Nicholas Markowitz on August 9, 2000. He reportedly owed Hollywood money for drugs and was offered the opportunity to kill Markowitz as a way of erasing his debt.
During his trial, Hoyt took the stand and told the court he did not remember confessing to killing Markowitz. In November 2001, Hoyt was convicted of first-degree murder and was sentenced to death. He is currently on Death Row at San Quentin State Prison in California.
- Scheeres, Julia. "Jesse James Hollywood, drug dealer orders murder and flees". Crime Library. Courtroom Television Network LLC. Archived from the original on 2007-05-29. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- Fox, Sue (Oct 30, 2001). "Los Angeles; Confession in Killing Was a Lie, Lawyer Says". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Fox, Sue (Nov 10, 2001). "Murder Suspect Claims He Cannot Recall Confessing". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- "Graham Pressley Testimony Continues". The Santa Barbara Independent. June 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Jurors Convict 1st Defendant in Kidnap-Slaying of Valley Teen; Court: Ryan Hoyt, 22, is found guilty after eight hours of deliberation". Los Angeles Times. Nov 21, 2001. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Wilson, Tracy (Nov 21, 2001). "Jury Returns With Death Verdict for Killer of West Hills". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Uehlinger, Tim (April 12, 2006). "The long hunt for Jesse James Hollywood". Dateline. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
|This United States biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|