||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jarvis playing for York City in 2013
|Full name||Ryan Robert Jarvis|
|Date of birth||11 July 1986|
|Place of birth||Fakenham, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2005||→ Colchester United (loan)||6||(0)|
|2007||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||14||(6)|
|2007–2008||→ Kilmarnock (loan)||9||(1)|
|2008||→ Notts County (loan)||17||(2)|
|2010–2011||→ Northampton Town (loan)||3||(0)|
|2012||→ Torquay United (loan)||14||(2)|
|2015||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||12||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:19, 24 March 2016 (UTC).
Ryan Robert Jarvis (born 11 July 1986) is an English semi-professional footballer who plays as a striker for National League North club Lowestoft Town. Jarvis has represented England at under-16, under-17 and under-19 levels.
Born in Fakenham, Norfolk, Jarvis became Norwich City's youngest ever first team player with a substitute appearance in a 0–0 draw at Walsall on 19 April 2003 in the First Division, aged just 16 years and 282 days. He also became the club's youngest goalscorer the following season with an 88th-minute goal in a 2–1 home defeat by Watford on 15 November 2003. Jarvis ended the 2003–04 season with a First Division championship medal as Norwich won promotion to the Premier League.
Jarvis scored his first Premier League goal against Liverpool during a 2–1 defeat on 3 January 2005 with a 20 yard effort. He spent the latter part of that season on loan at Colchester United from March–May 2005. He played six games for them without scoring.
His 2005/06 season was wrecked by injuries limiting him to a solitary goal against Luton Town, however in April 2006 he signed a new contract with Norwich City to last until June 2008. His brother Rossi was also on Norwich's books at this time, and the two brothers played together in the same Norwich team on 19 September 2006 in a League Cup match against Rotherham United, in which Ryan scored twice.
On 15 February 2007, Jarvis went on loan to Leyton Orient after the club were left with only one fit striker, James Walker, himself a loanee from Charlton. He scored a hat-trick in the game against Millwall on 20 February 2007, and then two more against Tranmere four days later and remained with Orient for the rest of the season.
On 24 August 2007, Jarvis went on loan to Kilmarnock of the Scottish Premier League until January 2008, scoring once against Gretna. On his return he immediately began a loan spell at League Two Notts County until the end of the season.
At the end of the 2007/08 season Norwich City decided not to renew Jarvis' contract, and he signed for Leyton Orient on 25 June. He featured in 31 league games and one cup game without netting a single goal for the O's. Three games into the 2009/10 season Jarvis finally scored his first goal for the club in his 35th appearance for them, their only goal in a 2–1 defeat against Oldham. One week later he scored the last goal in a 3–3 draw against Yeovil. After two goals in his first five games of the new season, Jarvis didn't score again until the 3–1 defeat of Gillingham in early December. Goals against Walsall, Carlisle, Bristol Rovers and Stockport County followed. He helped seal Orient's status in League One for another season with a 78th-minute strike in a 2–0 win over Wycombe Wanderers on 1 May, relegating Wycombe to League Two.
On 26 November 2010 Jarvis signed on loan for Northampton Town until 5 January 2011. After returning to Orient, he spent much of the time playing in the reserves or on the first team bench, but after coming on as a substitute for Harry Kane in a home game against Peterborough United, he scored the winner in stoppage time to keep Orient's play-off hopes alive.
Following the 2010–11 season, Jarvis was released by Leyton Orient.
Jarvis signed for League One club Walsall on a one-year contract on 30 June 2011. He scored both his first and second goals for Walsall in a 2–0 victory over Bournemouth on 27 August 2011. Jarvis signed for League Two side Torquay United on loan until the end of the season on 1 March 2012. He was released by Walsall after the League Two play-offs in which Torquay were involved.
Jarvis turned down a new contract with Torquay to sign for League Two rivals York City on a two-year contract on 17 May 2013. He scored the winning goal in the 90th minute of his debut in a 1–0 home victory over Northampton Town on 3 August 2013, in the first game of the 2013–14 season.
Having not played for York since October 2014 Jarvis joined Conference Premier club Aldershot Town on loan for the rest of the 2014–15 season on 13 January 2015. He made his debut four days later in a 3–0 away defeat to Lincoln City, before scoring his first goal for the club with a 92nd-minute penalty kick in a 2–1 home win over Welling United on 14 February, which proved to be the winning goal. He finished the loan with one goal from 12 appearances before being released by York in May 2015.
Jarvis made his debut for the England national under-16 team at home to Wales in the Victory Shield on 2 November 2001, scoring the second goal in a 3–1 victory. He scored two goals on his next appearance in a 4–2 Victory Shield win away to Scotland on 30 November 2001. Jarvis was capped a further four times at this level, finishing his under-16 career with three goals in six appearances from 2001 to 2002. His under-17 debut came in a 4–0 win over the Faroe Islands in the Nordic Tournament on 30 July 2002, before scoring four goals in a 5–2 victory over Sweden in the same tournament the following day. He appeared on 12 further occasions for the under-17 team, ending his spell at this level with 16 appearances and 6 goals from 2002 to 2003. Jarvis' debut for the under-19 team came in a 1–1 draw away to Germany on 30 March 2004, before scoring his first goal at this level in a 3–0 home win over Denmark on 30 April. He played in England's five matches at the 2005 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, with the side being beaten 3–1 by France in the final. This was Jarvis' last appearance at under-19 level, having scored 2 goals in 15 appearances from 2004 to 2005.
- As of match played 19 March 2016.
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Norwich City||2002–03||First Division||3||0||0||0||0||0||—||3||0|
|Colchester United (loan)||2004–05||League One||6||0||—||—||—||6||0|
|Leyton Orient (loan)||2006–07||League One||14||6||—||—||—||14||6|
|Kilmarnock (loan)||2007–08||Scottish Premier League||9||1||—||2||0||—||11||1|
|Notts County (loan)||2007–08||League Two||17||2||—||—||—||17||2|
|Leyton Orient||2008–09||League One||31||0||2||0||1||0||2[a]||2||36||2|
|Northampton Town (loan)||2010–11||League Two||3||0||1||0||—||—||4||0|
|Torquay United (loan)||2011–12||League Two||14||2||—||—||2[b]||0||16||2|
|Torquay United||2012–13||League Two||38||7||1||0||1||0||1[a]||2||41||9|
|York City||2013–14||League Two||35||8||2||1||1||0||2[c]||0||40||9|
|Aldershot Town (loan)||2014–15||Conference Premier||12||1||—||—||—||12||1|
|Lowestoft Town||2015–16||National League North||28||4||0||0||—||1[d]||0||29||4|
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. p. 219. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Ryan Jarvis". Flown from the Nest. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2002/2003". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2003/2004". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Norwich 1–2 Liverpool". BBC Sport. 3 January 2005. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Gretna 1-2 Kilmarnock". BBC Sport. BBC. 15 September 2007. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Leyton Orient's Ryan Jarvis joins Northampton Town". BBC Sport. 26 November 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Leyton Orient 2 – 1 Peterborough". BBC Sport. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Walsall agree deal for striker Ryan Jarvis". BBC Sport. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Torquay sign Walsall striker Ryan Jarvis on loan". BBC Sport. 1 March 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Striker Ryan Jarvis agrees one-year Torquay United deal". BBC Sport. 28 May 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "York City: Ryan Jarvis and Craig Clay join on free transfers". BBC Sport. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Kelly, Tony (18 May 2013). "Star turn Nigel Worthington tempts York City's new signings Ryan Jarvis and Craig Clay". The Press. York. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Flett, Dave (13 January 2015). "York City striker Ryan Jarvis joins Aldershot until the end of the season". The Press. York. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "R. Jarvis". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Flett, Dave (7 May 2015). "Wes Fletcher released by York City along with Lewis Montrose and Ryan Jarvis". The Press. York. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Caney, Gavin (1 July 2015). "Ex-Norwich City hitman Ryan Jarvis joins non-league Lowestoft Town after being released by York City". Lowestoft Journal. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2002). Rothmans Football Yearbook 2002–2003. London: Headline Publishing Group. p. 904. ISBN 0-7553-1100-0.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2003). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2003–2004. London: Headline Publishing Group. pp. 903–904. ISBN 0-7553-1228-7.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2004). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2004–2005. London: Headline Publishing Group. p. 967. ISBN 0-7553-1311-9.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2006). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2006–2007. London: Headline Publishing Group. p. 981. ISBN 0-7553-1526-X.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2005). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2005–2006. London: Headline Publishing Group. p. 978. ISBN 0-7553-1384-4.
- "Family Affair: Tann/Jarvis". The Football League. 9 May 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2004/2005". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2005/2006". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2007/2008". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2008/2009". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Jarvis in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan Jarvis.|