||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Ryan Timothy Malgarini
June 12, 1992 
Renton, Washington, U.S.
|Other names||Ryan Timothy Malgarini|
Malgarini was born Ryan Timothy Malgarini in Renton, Washington on June 12, 1992.
Malgarini became interested in acting as a result of watching his grandmother Gloria Malgarini's involvement in commercials. At age 5, he was delighted to spot her in a commercial for "Senior Dimensions," a Nevada-based healthcare provider, he pointed at the television and said, "I want to do that!".
From that point on, Malgarini would appear as an extra for some of his grandmother's commercials. He was soon appearing in commercials for McDonald's and Washington Mutual. Malgarini also took acting classes at the famed Young Actors Space in Los Angeles which earned him an agent and a manager.
In 2002, Malgarini made his film debut in The United States of Leland (released in 2004), playing a six-year-old boy in flashback scenes. This was a rather challenging role for Malgarini, since it required him to weep for the first time on screen in a funeral scene. In 2003, he played the role of Harry Coleman in Disney's comedy hit Freaky Friday starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. He appeared with Tom Hanks in a test film to develop the "performance capture" technology for The Polar Express in 2004.
Malgarini appeared as Benjy in the 2006 film adaptation of How to Eat Fried Worms, the beloved gross out children's novel by Thomas Rockwell. According to an interview with Malgarini on his official site, he starred as the main character Ugly in the musical Honk!. He appeared in The Robinsons: Lost in Space in 2004. He appeared in Gary Unmarried as Gary's (Jay Mohr) son Tom.
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Gilmore Girls (2003)
- Freaky Friday (2003)
- The United States of Leland (2004)
- The Polar Express (2004)
- Go Figure (2005)
- How to Eat Fried Worms (2006)
- The Young Kieslowski (2014)
- "Today in history". ABC News. Associated Press. June 12, 2014.
- "The Official Ryan Malgarini Web Site: FAQs and Facts". ryanmalgarini.com. KidActors. Archived from the original on 2009-11-22. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Dargis, Manohla (25 August 2006). "The organic snack that builds character". Movies. The New York Times (Review of How to Eat Fried Worms). Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- Shattuck, Kathryn (23 September 2009). "What's on today". The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-06-12.