||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Ryan McCord|
|Date of birth||21 March 1989|
|Place of birth||Dundee, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2009||→ Stirling Albion (loan)||7||(1)|
|2010–2011||→ Airdrie United (loan)||32||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:59, 12 May 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 27 July 2010
Ryan McCord (born 21 March 1989) is a Scottish footballer who plays in midfield for Arbroath. He began his career with Dundee United, making only two first team appearances, and played for Stirling Albion and Airdrie United on loan before joining Alloa in 2011 & then Raith Rovers in 2015. He is a former Scotland under-19 international.
McCord was born in Dundee and joined Dundee United as an under-16 player. He first signed a professional contract with his hometown club in April 2006, having previously played with United team-mate David Goodwillie in the Scottish Youth FA team when he was younger, and was part of the United under-16 team that won the Aberdeen International Football Festival in 2005.
After featuring in United's under-17 squad, McCord and nine other players were given professional contracts in April 2006, and he turned out regularly for United's youth, under-19 and reserve teams over the next two years. By the end of the 2007–08 season, McCord had appeared in the first team squad as an unused substitute on three occasions, and in May was given a one-year contract extension. McCord got his first taste of first team action in July 2008 when he featured as a substitute in two pre-season friendlies, including the glamour friendly match against Barcelona at Tannadice. He made his senior debut in a Scottish League Cup match against Airdrie United in September 2008, appearing as a substitute.
In the January transfer window of 2009, McCord was loaned to Scottish Second Division side Stirling Albion for a month, scoring in his second match for the club. After featuring throughout January, McCord's loan was extended until early March. After returning to United, McCord agreed a contract extension until May 2012, making his second appearance in another League Cup match.
On 13 June 2011 he, and his younger brother Ross, signed a one-year contract with Alloa Athletic. On 3 June 2015 McCord signed a 1-year contract with Raith Rovers. After just one season with the Rovers, McCord moved to Scottish League Two side Arbroath.
- As of 12 May 2016
|Stirling Albion (loan)||2008–09||7||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||1|
|Airdrie United (loan)||2010–11||32||6||3||1||2||1||0||0||37||8|
- Alloa Athletic
- Scottish Third Division: 2011–12
- Scottish First Division play-offs : 2012–13
- Scottish Championship play-offs 2014–15
- "Dundee United sign Ayr's Conway". BBC Sport website. 18 April 2006.
- "McCord moves to Stirling on loan". BBC Sport. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- "Stirling extend McCord loan deal". BBC Sport. 3 February 2009. Retrieved 3 February 2009.
- "Trio extend contracts". Dundee United FC. 3 April 2009. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- "Brothers join Wasps". alloaathletic.co.uk. 13 June 2011. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Brothers join WaspsMcCord Signs On the Dotted Line". raithrovers.net. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Arbroath boss Dick Campbell in quadruple signing swoop". The Courier. 10 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Match Details: Azerbaijan v Scotland". Scottish FA. 31 October 2007.