|Date of birth||22 July 1980|
|Place of birth||Dumfries, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Playing position||Utility defence or midfield|
|St Albans Saints|
|2010–2014||Queen of the South||102||(13)|
|2014–||St Albans Saints||79||(18)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:56, 1 September 2016 (UTC).
Ryan McGuffie (born 22 July 1980 in Dumfries, Scotland) is a Scottish professional association footballer currently playing for Australian club St Albans Saints. McGuffie is a utility player who can line up in either defence or midfield.
Ryan McGuffie played two trial matches for home town club Queen of the South during the pre season of 2002–03. McGuffie started at home versus Barnsley and appeared as a substitute away to Southport. His brother Russell played one league match for Queens in 1999. Russell signed for Queens through the club's youth set-up.
McGuffie played for Gretna and scored Gretna's goal in the 2006 Scottish Cup Final against Heart of Midlothian. He scored from a rebound after having his penalty kick saved by Craig Gordon. This qualified Gretna for European competition for the first time ever. However they were hammered 5–1 at home by Derry City in the UEFA Cup, McGuffie scoring Gretna's goal.
In the January transfer window of the 2007–08 season McGuffie made the move from Gretna to Scottish Football League Second Division champions Greenock Morton. McGuffie would soon be joined by his manager Davie Irons, assistant manager Derek Collins and a host of his former team mates as Gretna played out their final days in the Scottish Premier League.
Queen of the South
McGuffie was announced as having signed a one-year contract with hometown club Queen of the South on the club website on 18 May 2010. After playing in Queens pre season games he scored on his competitive debut, a Challenge Cup first round 2–1 win against Albion Rovers on 24 July 2010, which was Queens first competitive match that season. His first league goal came on 22 August 2010, in the 3–1 win at Cowdenbeath. He played in the 2010 Scottish Challenge Cup Final 2–0 defeat to Ross County.
McGuffie re-signed for Queens on 19 July 2011 for season 2011–12. At the turn of the year he took on the role of penalty taker scoring against Hamilton on 2 January 2012 and again on 21 January against Livingston. He scored with another penalty on 14 February 2012 in the Scottish Cup last 16 replay at home against Aberdeen.
- Scottish Football League Third Division 2004–05
- Scottish Football League Second Division 2005–06
- Scottish Football League First Division 2006–07
- 2006 Scottish Cup Final Runner-up
Queen of the South:-
- 2010 Scottish Challenge Cup Final Runner-up
- Scottish Football League Second Division 2012–13
- 2013 Scottish Challenge Cup Final Winner
- "Gretna 1–5 Derry City". BBC Sport. 10 August 2006. Retrieved 22 March 2010.
- "Match Summary". Shamrock Rovers FC. 6 July 2005. Retrieved 11 September 2008.[dead link]
- "McGuffie arrives as Linn departs". BBC Sport. 2 January 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "Local lad signs for Queens", 18 May 2010 www.qosfc.com[dead link]
- "Queen of the South 2 – 1 Albion Rovers" www.qosfc.com
- "Cowdenbeath 1 – 3 Queen of the South". Queen of the South FC.
- 'Queen of the South 0 – 2 Ross County' www.qosfc.com
- "Ryan McGuffie Leaves the club". qosfc.com. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "McGuffie jets off to Victoria". SPFL. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2014.