Ryan Miller (musician)
Miller in concert, 2010
|Born||November 21, 1972|
|Origin||Lubbock, Texas, US|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, screenwriter, composer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, piano, keyboards|
Life and career
Ryan was born November 21, 1972 in Lubbock, Texas, to Ross and Cookie Miller. He grew up as an only child and was raised in Richardson, Texas, graduating from Berkner High School in 1991, where he had his own band, the Silents.
He majored in religious studies at Tufts University and graduated with a bachelor of arts in 1995. He has since pursued a full-time career in music. Guster was formed when Miller met bandmates Adam Gardner and Brian Rosenworcel while the three were freshmen at Tufts University in August 1991, a few years later, they met bandmate Joe Pisapia.
Miller moved from New York to Vermont. He hosts a TV series on Vermont PBS called Makin' Friends with Ryan Miller in which he travels around the state making friends with "high functioning weirdos".
- (10 September 2006). Band seeks Texas fans for its evolving style, The Galveston County Daily News, Retrieved November 27, 2010 ("After Miller graduated from Berkner in 1991 he decided to attend college at Tufts University near Boston....")
- Geller, Mitchell (1 November 2010). Makes it Rain, The Tufts Daily, Retrieved November 27, 2010
- Junior, Chris M (7 October 1999). (Creative Guster headed for TLA, Courier News (New Jersey), Retrieved November 27, 2010 ("Guster formed about seven years ago when Ryan Miller vocals guitars Adam Gardner vocals guitars and Brian Rosenworcel percussion were freshmen at Tufts...")
- "Nobody (full credits)". IMDB.com. Retrieved Nov 9, 2012.
- "Nobody (soundtrack)". IMDB.com. Retrieved Nov 9, 2012.
- "Makin' Friends With Ryan Miller on VermontPBS.org". Retrieved 9 November 2014.