Ryan Murray playing for the Blue Jackets in 2013
September 27, 1993 |
White City, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||206 lb (93 kg; 14 st 10 lb)|
|NHL team||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|NHL Draft||2nd overall, 2012
Columbus Blue Jackets
Murray was drafted 9th overall by the Everett Silvertips at the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft. He was later named captain of his team at only eighteen years of age. On June 22, 2012, he was chosen second overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
On November 16, 2012, Murray injured his shoulder during a game with the Silvertips. He would later undergo shoulder surgery and missed the rest of the WHL season (also making him unavailable for NHL play).
Murray played his first NHL game on October 4, 2013 versus Calgary Flames. He scored his first NHL goal on October 25, 2013 against Jonathan Bernier of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Murray has missed a significant amount of time, due to injuries. During the 2014–15 NHL season, Murray only played 12 games due to injuries, including a high-ankle sprain sustained, when teammate Ryan Johansen fell on him during a game.
Ryan Murray as a member of Team Canada at the 2012 IIHF World Championship.
|World Junior Championships|
|IIHF World Championship|
Murray participated at the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships held in Calgary and Edmonton and won the bronze medal.
In 2012, Murray became the first draft eligible player to represent Team Canada at the World Championship in many years. Murray became the second youngest Team Canada player to play in the tournament (the youngest was Paul Kariya in 1993). Four years later, Murray again played for Canada, winning gold at the 2016 World Championship.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||66||4||17||21||10||5||0||1||1||0|
|2014–15||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||12||1||2||3||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||82||4||21||25||40||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016||Team North America||WCH||5th||3||0||0||0||0|
Awards and honours
- 2011 IIHF World U18 Championships – First Team All-Star
- 2012 NHL Central Scouting Final Draft Rankings – Ranked second among North American skaters
- "Blue Jackets prospect Ryan Murray undergoes successful shoulder surgery". Columbus Blue Jackets. January 10, 2013.
- "Blue Jackets top Maple Leafs for third straight win". Columbus Blue Jackets. October 25, 2013.
- "Murray added to Canadian roster at World Hockey Championship". The Sports Network. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Prospects report from World Under 18's". Archived from the original on May 1, 2011.
- "2010 NHL Central Scouting rankings". National Hockey League. 2012-06-10. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- Ryan Murray's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Ryan Murray's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Columbus Blue Jackets first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|