Noble playing for Sunderland
|Full name||Ryan Andrew Noble|
|Date of birth||6 November 1991|
|Place of birth||Sunderland, England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2010||→ Watford (loan)||0||(0)|
|2010||→ Derby County (loan)||1||(0)|
|2012||→ Derby County (loan)||2||(0)|
|2012||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||9||(2)|
|2012||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||10||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:50, 31 May 2015 (UTC).
Ryan Andrew Noble (6 November 1991) is an English footballer who currently plays for Durham City. Noble has played as a striker for Sunderland, Watford, Derby County, Hartlepool United, Burnley and Gateshead.
A product of the club's youth academy, Noble made his first professional appearance for Sunderland on 2 January 2010, coming on as a substitute for Darren Bent in a 3–0 FA Cup victory against Barrow at the Stadium of Light. On his return from a six-month lay off, he returned to goalscoring ways by scoring seven goals in his first five games back for Sunderland Reserves. He was rewarded for his fine form with his league debut for the first team, coming from the bench as Sunderland lost against Everton on 26 February 2011. Noble's next appearance also came as a substitute, in Sunderland's 2–0 defeat at Birmingham City on 16 April. An injury crisis meant that Noble was in line to make his first start for Sunderland against Fulham. However, Noble himself picked up an injury during a youth team game, ruling him out of the game and leaving the team with no fit strikers.
On 16 November 2011, Noble bagged a reserve team hat-trick during a 3–0 win against local rivals Newcastle United at the Stadium of Light. This prompted a return to first-team action as a substitute in the 0–0 draw with Fulham the following Saturday, however he was subsequently omitted from the squad altogether for the next match versus Wigan Athletic despite Sunderland continuing to struggle for goals. On 29 November, Noble returned to reserve team action, scoring a six-minute hat-trick as Sunderland thrashed Scunthorpe 7–1. Sunderland manager Steve Bruce was sacked two days later, and replaced by Martin O'Neill. He then scored 4 goals against Manchester United in a reserve match on 8 December 2011.
Derby County (loan)
Noble was expected to crack the first team in the coming season, but wasn't assigned a first team squad number, leading to speculation he may be loaned out during the season. He eventually joined Championship side Derby County on an emergency loan deal. He made one appearance, as substitute, before a back injury ruled him out of contention and he returned to Sunderland on 25 October 2010.
On 18 January 2012, Noble returned to Derby County for another month-long loan spell. Noble made two appearances during his second loan spell at the club, returning to Sunderland on 14 February 2012.
Hartlepool United (loan)
On 20 March 2012, Noble went on loan to Hartlepool United until the end of the season. On 24 March 2012, Noble scored his first goal for Hartlepool against Yeovil at Huish Park. He also scored in a match against Leyton Orient.
Return to Sunderland
Noble was selected in Sunderland's squad that travelled to South Korea for the pre-season 2012 Peace Cup. Coming on as a substitute in Sunderland's third place play-off with FC Groningen, Noble assisted Fraizer Campbell's 89th minute equaliser, and then scored a brilliant solo goal to give the Black Cats a 3–2 win in the last minute. Was released at the end of the 2012/13 season.
On July 19, 2013, he signed a short term contract with Burnley. His debut for the Clarets came on 17 August 2013, in a 2–0 home win over Yeovil Town, replacing Danny Ings as a substitute. His second and final appearance came in a 2–0 defeat in the Football League Cup to West Ham United.
On 13 January 2014, Noble signed for Conference Premier side Gateshead on a six-month deal after the expiry of his Burnley contract. He made his debut the following day in a goalless draw against Aldershot Town. He scored his first Gateshead goal on 22 March 2014 in a 3–1 win over Lincoln City. Noble was released at the end of the 2013–14 season.
- As of 26 April 2014
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Derby County (loan)||2010–11||Championship||1||0||0||0||0||0||—||1||0|
|Hartlepool United (loan)||2011–12||League One||9||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||2|
- Appearance(s) in Football League Trophy
- "Noble, RA (Ryan)", English National Football Archive
- "Premier League Player Profile". Premier League. Retrieved 24 March 2011.
- McVay, David (16 April 2011). "Birmingham City 2 Sunderland 0: match report". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- "Watford sign teenage Sunderland striker Ryan Noble". BBC Sport. 25 March 2010.
- ESPN Soccernet profile
- "Rams Land Noble on Loan". dcfc.co.uk. 27 September 2010.
- "Noble Returns To Sunderland". dcfc.co.uk. 26 October 2010.
- "Derby Move To Loan Striker Noble". dcfc.co.uk. 18 January 2012.
- "Noble heading back". Sky Sports. 14 February 2012.
- "Noble heads to Pools". Sunderland A.F.C. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Gateshead Sign Ryan Noble". Gateshead F.C. 13 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Gateshead 0-0 Aldershot Town". Gateshead F.C. 15 January 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Gateshead 3-1 Lincoln City". Gateshead F.C. 23 March 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "Eleven Not Offered New Deals". Gateshead F.C. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Games played by Ryan Noble in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Noble in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Noble in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Noble in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Noble in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 13 June 2013.