||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
O'Quinn at the Hearts for Hope Gala
|Born||Tivis Ryan O'Quinn
March 6, 1972
Grundy, Virginia, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Heather O'Quinn (2001–present)|
Ryan O'Quinn (born March 6, 1972) is an American television, film and voice actor, author and comedian.
Life and career
O'Quinn was born in Grundy, Virginia, and graduated from Grundy Senior High School. He attended The College of William and Mary in Virginia where he performed with the improvisational comedy troupe I.T. (Improvisational Theatre).
Shortly after moving to Los Angeles, O'Quinn booked a variety of television series including Alias, Third Rock from the Sun, and Beverly Hills, 90210, where he played the innocent but accused rapist of Kelly, played by Jennie Garth.
O'Quinn is also a voice actor and has provided voice-over and voice matching in a number of movies, television shows and cartoons.
O'Quinn's improvisational comedy background led him to the world of online videos. He is a founding member of the comedy production group Very Angry Neighbors.
His comedy shorts were featured on Good Morning America, Inside Edition, Bravo's Outrageous and Contagious Viral Videos, CW's Online Nation, Today Show, Fox and Friends, Access Hollywood, and many national television shows.
He co-counded a comedy entertainment company called "DadDudes". Their most popular viral video is a parody of the Disney song "For the First Time in Forever" from the 2013 animated film Frozen. The YouTube video, "Dads Respond to Disney's Frozen", has had millions of hits and they appeared on a number of television talk shows and news programs.
O'Quinn filmed a sitcom pilot called Dad Dudes where he starred as a father in suburban Los Angeles. His father on the series is played by Jerry Mathers.
He appeared on Fox's Fox and Friends as a parenting expert.
In December 2014 he released a comedy book on parenting called Parenting Rules! The Hilarious Handbook for Surviving Parenthood. The book became an Amazon number 1 bestseller in multiple categories.
In December 2015 Ryan O'Quinn released Marriage Rules! The Hilarious Handbook for Surviving Marriage from Broadstreet Publishing.
- Oscars: Academy Announces Songs for Original Score, Variety 2016/12/13
- Christmas Movie "Believe" Teaches Empathy to it's Family-Friendly Audience, The Huffington Post 2016/12/8
- Believe Nominated for Best Film, The Christian Film Review 2016/12/27
- Filming wraps up in Bristol for Christmas-themed 'Believe', Bristol Herald Courier 2016/4/4
- 'Believe': A closer look at movie being filmed in Bristol, Grundy, Va. Bristol Herald Courier 2016/3/20
- Officials Recognize Local Economic Benefit Due to Filming Bluefield Daily Telegraph]] 2016/3/15
- Filming of ‘Believe’ transforms Grundy into a world of movie production Bluefield Daily Telegraph 2016/3/5
- ‘Believe’ it — movie about Grundy now being filmed in downtown Bristol Bristol Herald Courier 2016/2/28
- Southwest Virginia area scouted as site for new Christmas movie, Grundy Native Ryan O'Quinn to Star Bristol Herald Courier 2015/9/12
- Ryan O'Quinn Catches Comedy Virus, The Malibu Times 11 July 2007