|No. 4 Minnesota Vikings|
|Date of birth:||January 26, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Little River, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||188 lb (85 kg)|
|High school:||North Myrtle Beach (SC)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Ryan Patrick Quigley (born January 26, 1990) is an American football punter for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Chicago Bears after going undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Boston College.
Quigley attended North Myrtle Beach High School, and in his senior year, led the state of South Carolina in yards per punt with 46. He also played kicker, and made six of eight field goals, and kicked 93 percent of his kickoffs for touchbacks. He was later named first-team All-State by the Associated Press along with being named the South Carolina Special Teams Player of the Year.
Quigley attended Boston College. In 2009, Quigley broke the Boston College record for the most punts in a season with 77, and he would later break the record a year later with 79. In his senior year, he was ranked fourth in the nation for punts inside the 20-yard line with 28. He is the school's all-time leader in career punts with 283 punts for 11,418 yards.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||195 lb||5.23 s||1.81 s||3.03 s||27 in||10 reps|
|All values from BC Pro Day|
He replaced Adam Podlesh at punter for the preseason after Podlesh sustained a hip flexor against the Washington Redskins in the second preseason game. Against the New York Giants in the third preseason game, he had three of his seven punts land inside the 20-yard line, and the Giants were only able to muster six yards on four returns. However, Quigley also had a punt blocked to set up a Giants touchdown, though the Bears would go on to win 20–17. He later made the 53-man roster. However, Podlesh ended up punting in the season opener against the Indianapolis Colts. Quigley was waived on September 10.
New York Jets
In Week 9 of the 2015 season, Quigley was named the AFC Special Team's Player of the Week against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Filling in as placekicker after Nick Folk suffered a season-ending injury in pregame warmups, he made all four extra points in addition to placing five punts inside the 20.
Quigley signed with the Philadelphia Eagles on April 18, 2016. Quigley was released by the team on May 23, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-05-13). "Bears add seven to roster after rookie minicamp". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Scout.com: Ryan Quigley Profile". Scout.com. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Associated Press (2011-08-12). "Ryan Quigley, Boston College Eagles think less is more". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Dickerson, Jeff. "Ryan Quigley impresses Chicago Bears". ESPN. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Ryan Quigley | Boston College, P : 2012 NFL Draft Scout External News". NFL Draft Scout. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Bears "very concerned" about injury to punter Adam Podlesh". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "Chicago Bears: Ryan Quigley's punting gives Chicago Bears a lift". Chicago Tribune. 2012-08-25. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-08-31). "Bears reach 53-man roster limit". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Jensen, Sean (1999-02-22). "Adam Podlesh will punt for Bears in opener vs. Colts - Inside the Bears". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears add Scott, Collins to roster". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Orr, Conor (11 April 2013). "Jets sign free agent K Derek Dimke". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 15 April 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Jets Staff (26 August 2013). "Jets Release 14 Players". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 26 August 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Wilson, Aaron (16 September 2013). "Jets cut Robert Malone, sign Ryan Quigley". National Football Post. Archived from the original on 16 September 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Oehser, John. "CB Demetrius McCray among eight players waived". Jaguars.com.
- Urban, Darren. "Cardinals Add Aaron Brewer To Snap". Arizona Cardinals. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Urban, Darren (November 15, 2016). "Cardinals Re-Sign Punter Drew Butler". AZCardinals.com.
- "Vikings Sign Punter Ryan Quigley". Vikings.com. April 3, 2017.