May 11, 1987 |
Chicago, Illinois, USA
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||193 lb (88 kg; 13 st 11 lb)|
|Played for||Nashville Predators
|NHL Draft||81st overall, 2007
Ryan William Thang (born May 11, 1987) is an American professional ice hockey player. He was selected by the Nashville Predators in the 3rd round (81st overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Thang was born in Chicago, and was a 3-year member and Senior captain of the Edina High School Hockey Team.
Thang was honored for his outstanding college play when he was named to the CCHA All-Rookie Team in his freshman year.
After signing a two-year entry level contract with the Predators, Thang played each season primarily with AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals. In the 2011–12 season, Thang made his one-time NHL debut for the Predators in a 5–4 defeat against the Chicago Blackhawks on October 31, 2011.
On June 15, 2012, Thang signed his first European contract on a one-year deal with Augsburger Panther of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga for the 2012–13 season. During the year with the Panthers, Thang contributed 14 goals for 29 points in 50 games.
On June 20, 2013, Thang moved to Sweden, and signed a one-year contract with second division club, Mora IK.
|2004–05||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||58||9||22||31||45||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||32||8||14||22||52||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|All-CCHA Rookie Team||2006–07|||
- National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Triumph Books. p. 338. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.
- "Stalberg scores in OT to lift Hawks over Preds". CBS Sports. 2011-10-31. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Panther complete forward signing of Ryan Thang" (in German). Augsburger Panther. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Two transfers ready for Mora" (in Swedish). HockeyAllsvenskan. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Ryan Thang career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Ryan Thang's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|