Ryan White (ice hockey)
March 17, 1988 |
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)|
|NHL Draft||66th overall, 2006
Ryan Kenneth White (born March 17, 1988) is a Canadian professional ice hockey center who currently plays for the Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League (NHL). He formerly played for the Montreal Canadiens, Philadelphia Flyers and Arizona Coyotes. On February 26 2017 the Arizona Coyotes traded Ryan White along with Martin Hanzal to the Minnesota Wild.
White spent four seasons, from 2004–05 to 2007–08, in the Western Hockey League with the Calgary Hitmen. He was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the third round, 66th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Following his WHL career, White was assigned to the Canadiens' minor league affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League (AHL), where he recorded 29 points in 80 games as a rookie in 2008–09.
White made his NHL debut in a call-up with the Montreal Canadiens on November 5, 2009 against the Boston Bruins, recording an assist. He was called up once again for a game against the Ottawa Senators the following month on December 8. After playing in the first period of that game, he pulled from the game after the NHL noticed he was playing, despite the Canadiens not having properly reported his call-up to the league before the 5 p.m. deadline.
On August 7, 2014, having left the Canadiens organization as a free agent, White signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Philadelphia Flyers.
On July 1, 2016, he signed as a free agent to a one-year deal with the Arizona Coyotes. In adding a physical presence in a depth role to the Coyotes, White added 7 goals and 13 points in 46 games during the 2016–17 season, before he was traded alongside Martin Hanzal and a fourth-round pick in 2017, to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a 1st-round pick in 2017, 2nd-round pick in 2018, conditional 4th-round pick in 2019, and Grayson Downing on February 26, 2017.
|2014–15||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||11||1||2||3||39||—||—||—||—||—|
- Full name confirmed in birth announcement of the Brandon Sun March 29, 1988.
- "Bruins avoid historic shutout but lose in shootout to Canadiens". CBS Sports. 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "McKenzie: Habs facing fine after using ineligible player". The Sports Network. 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "Numbers Game: March 20". Montreal Canadiens. 2011-03-20. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "Ryan White, Flyers agree to one-year contract". National Hockey League. 2014-08-07. Retrieved 2014-08-07.
- "Coyotes sign White to one-year contract". Arizona Coyotes. 2016-07-01. Retrieved 2016-07-01.
- "Wild acquire Hanzal, White from Coyotes". The Sports Network. 2017-02-26. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan White (ice hockey).|