|Full name||Ryan James Yates|
|Date of birth||21 November 1997|
|Place of birth||Lincoln, England|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2016–2017||→ Barrow (loan)||16||(1)|
|2017||→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)||12||(0)|
|2017–2018||→ Notts County (loan)||25||(3)|
|2018||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||16||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 October 2019|
Yates was named as part of the Nottingham Forest first-team squad at the start of the 2016–17 season, before heading north to National League side Barrow for an initial period of one-month on 26 August 2016. On 21 September Barrow opted to extend the loan deal, and again on 2 November until 9 January 2017. After this final extension to the deal, Barrow manager Paul Cox said of Yates:
"He's a diamond in terms of wanting to learn, wanting to get better, wanting to get stronger. That's what makes Ryan so potent in this squad. He rubs off on other people with his hunger and desire."
Yates was recalled by Forest on 13 January, having made nineteen appearances and scoring twice in all competitions for Barrow.
On 31 January, shortly after his recall from Barrow, Yates was loaned out to League One's Shrewsbury Town for the remainder of the season. He made his professional league debut on 14 February as a 64th-minute substitute of a 2–1 loss to Peterborough United. On 27 February, whilst on loan with Shrewsbury Town, Yates extended his contract at Forest until 2019. Yates was shown the first red card of his professional career on 1 April for two sliding tackles in a game at Bristol Rovers, despite having been pushed to the floor by the opponent's players after the second challenge, in a decision described by his loan club as "harsh".
On 4 August 2017 Yates joined Notts County on loan for the 2017–18 season, joining fellow Forest midfielder Jorge Grant at the club. His debut for the club came on 8 August away at Scunthorpe United in the first round of the EFL Cup. Yates started the match and scored in the last minute of the second period of extra time to equalise the score to 3–3. Although Notts lost the subsequent penalty shootout, Yates received praise from his manager Kevin Nolan, who described the teenager as a "leader" with "bags and bags of potential".
On 11 January 2018, Yates signed a deal keeping him at Nottingham Forest until 2020, and was recalled from his loan at Notts County to instead join League One club Scunthorpe United for the remainder of the 2017-18 season. He scored on his Iron début against Peterborough United, in what the Scunthorpe Telegraph described as a "man of the match performance". Sky Sports awarded Yates the man of the match trophy for the 1–1 draw with Oxford United on 30 March.
On 5 July 2018, Yates signed a new three-year deal with Nottingham Forest, keeping him at the club until 2021.
- As of match played 5 May 2019
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Barrow (loan)||2016–17||National League||16||1||3||1||0||0||0||0||19||2|
|Shrewsbury Town (loan)||2016–17||League One||12||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||12||0|
|Notts County (loan)||2017–18||League Two||25||3||3||2||1||1||0||0||29||6|
|Scunthorpe United (loan)||2017–18||League One||16||2||0||0||0||0||2[a]||0||18||2|
- Two appearances made in the League One play-off semi-finals
- "CLUB LIST OF REGISTERED PLAYERS AS AT 19th MAY 2018" (PDF). English Football League. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- NFFC. "Nottingham Forest have announced their squad numbers for the 2016–17 season".
- "Barrow Borrow Forest Youngster". 26 August 2016.
- "Barrow AFC extend loan deal for Nottingham Forest youngster Yates".
- "Barrow Borrow Forest Youngster". Non League. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- NFFC. "Nottingham Forest striker Tyler Walker is one of six players to return to the club after loan spells away from The City Ground".
- "Transfer deadline day: Shrewsbury Town complete Ryan Yates loan deal from Nottingham Forest « Shropshire Star".
- "Peterborough United 2–1 Shrewsbury Town". BBC Sport. 14 February 2017.
- "Joe Worrall: Nottingham Forest defender signs new three-and-a-half-year contract". BBC Sport. 27 January 2017.
- "Match Report". Shrewsbury Town Official Site. 1 April 2017.
- "Ryan Yates joins on loan". Notts County Football Club Official Website. 4 August 2017.
- Unknown author (13 August 2017). "Notts County boss Kevin Nolan says Nottingham Forest loanee Ryan Yates is a 'leader'". Nottingham Post.
- "Yates pens new deal". Nottingham Forrest. 11 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Cooper, Barry (14 February 2018). "Graham Alexander hails Ryan Yates as 'superb' after Nottingham Forest youngster scores on his full Scunthorpe debut". nottinghampost.com. Nottingham Post. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Wilson, Charlie (3 April 2018). "Ryan Yates enjoying his time at Scunthorpe United". scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk. Scunthorpe Telegraph. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Yates: We just had so much energy". scunthorpe-united.co.uk. Scunthorpe United F.C. 1 April 2018. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Games played by Ryan Yates in 2016/2017". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Games played by Ryan Yates in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Games played by Ryan Yates in 2018/2019". Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- Ryan Yates at Soccerway