- Not to be confused with the Kolesov RD-36 and Lotarev D-36, which were much larger turbojet and turbofan engines respectively.
|Type||turbojet lift engine|
|Manufacturer||Rybinsk Engine Design Bureau (RKBM)|
|Designed by||Pyotr A. Kolesov|
The Rybinsk RD-36-35 was a small lift turbojet engine, designed for use on V/STOL aircraft at the Rybinsk Engine Design Bureau (RKBM), designed by Pyotr A. Kolesov. Very little is known of this engine, probably due to confusion with the similarly designated Kolesov RD-36 and Lotarev D-36, which have little or no relation to the lift-jet.
Variants and Applications
Data from OKB Yakovlev
- Type: Lift turbojet/turbofan
- Dry weight: 176 kg (388 lb) (RD-36-35F)
- Compressor: 6-stage axial
- Turbine: 1-stage axial
- Gordon, Yefim; Dmitry; Sergey Komissarov (2005). OKB Yakovlev. Hinkley: Midland Publishing. pp. 334-342. ISBN 1-85780-203-9.
- “Engine” No. 4/2007 // Alexander Nikolaev “We take off vertically!”
- “Wings of the Motherland” No. 9/2001 // Vyacheslav Zayarin, Konstantin Udalov “The Concept of the Universal Vertical