|Public (NZX: RYM)|
|Founded||1984 founded, 1999 IPO|
|Founder||John Ryder, Kevin Hickman|
|Headquarters||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|US, Australia, UK, NZ|
|CEO - Simon Challies, Deputy CEO/CFO - Gordon Macleod,
Chairman - Dr David Kerr
|Products||Retirement villages and aged care|
|Owner||Public listing company (NZX)|
Number of employees
Ryman Healthcare has 28 villages across New Zealand and two villages in Victoria, Australia. Its name is a portmanteau of its two founders, John Ryder and Kevin Hickman, who founded the company in 1984. 
As at December 2015, Ryman Healthcare has a market capitalisation of over $4.2 Billion NZD. It has not had to raise capital since its IPO in 1990, funding all its development from operational cash-flows.
Ryman's business model is a mixture of property development and healthcare services. It operates on a "deferred management fees" model where the village resident pays for a lifetime occupancy use of their apartment or unit, and upon moving out, the resident or their estate receives a lesser sum back for their unit, usually capped at 25% deducted if over a five year period.
Ryman Healthcare villages offer a blend of different retirement living options at their villages, which are usually large enough to support a mini-hospital for residents and a secure dementia wing. Ryman describe this as a "continuum of care" where residents can remain in the Ryman village of choice, whether it is for independent retirement living, rest home care, dementia or hospital care.
Ryman expanded into Australia in 2012, buying a site for development in Wheelers Hill, in eastern Melbourne, Victoria. They have since purchased another site for development in nearby Brandon Park, on a former high school site. 
Ryman Healthcare has demonstrated significant profit and share price performance since its inception. For the last five years, it has managed earnings growth of over 15% per annum. Its growth in market capitalisation has made it New Zealand's fourth largest company. Ryman has delivered 13 years of consecutive record earnings results since 2002.  They employ over 4000 people, including in house development teams, builders and tradespeople, nursing and caregivers, cooks, cleaners, sales and support staff.
Ryman Healthcare have won a number of awards for business and healthcare, including:
- Simon Challies, Ryman Healthcare's CEO, won Best CEO of 2014 in the Deloitte Top 200 Awards in 2014.
- Dr David Kerr, Ryman Healthcare's Chairman of the Board of Directors, won best Chairman in the Deloitte Top 200 Awards in 2013.
- Reader's Digest "Most Trusted Brand New Zealand 2015."
- Workbase Best Growth Strategy Award.
- "Living & Care Options". Ryman Healthcare. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "NZX Main Board | RYM". New Zealand Stock Exchange. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Our History". www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Creating Shareholder Value". www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Continuum of Care - Resthomes, Hospital Facilities, Elderly Community | Ryman Healthcare, New Zealand". www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- Steeman, Marta. "Ryman Healthcare cautious Aussie debut". Fairfax New Zealand Limited. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Ryman to spend $100m on second Melbourne village". New Zealand Herald. 2014-05-21. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Share Performance". www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Thirteen Years of Record Results". www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Ryman managing director wins Deloitte Top 200 award". www.rymanhealthcare.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Trusted Brands New Zealand Ryman Healthcare Showcase". www.trustedbrands.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Workbase Top 200 award Ryman healthcare". workbase.org.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
|This New Zealand corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|