|Traded as||TYO: 5851|
|Founded||(December 16, 1943)|
|Headquarters||Fuchu, Hiroshima 726-8628, Japan|
|Revenue||US$ 2.25 billion) (FY 2015)|
JPY 9.3 billion (FY 2015)(US$ 82.5 million) (FY 2015)
Number of employees
|8,993 (as of March 31, 2016)|
|Footnotes / references
Ryobi Limited (リョービ株式会社 Ryobi Kabushiki-kaisha?) is a manufacturer of components for the automobile, electronics, and telecommunications industries. They also create printing equipment, power tools, and builders' hardware.
The company was founded in 1943 as Ryobi Seisakusho Co., Ltd. and a year later the manufacturing and sale of die cast products commenced. In 1961 the company was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the manufacturing of offset printing presses began while in 1968 the production of power tools began. The company's name changed in 1973 to its current one. In 1985 Ryobi launched production in Shelbyville, Indiana, which is the company’s only manufacturing location in the United States. Ryobi signed an official partnership deal with German football team Hertha Berlin in 2014.
Ryobi operates 12 manufacturing facilities across six countries.
The Ryobi Tools brand in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand is owned by Techtronic Industries of Hong Kong, an original equipment manufacturer for brands such as Craftsman, Ryobi, and Ridgid.
United States operations
Ryobi Die Casting (USA), Incorporated manufacturers products for the automobile industry and is based in Shelbyville, Indiana.
United States consumer products
Ryobi power tools are sold in the United States primarily through Home Depot and through online sales. Ryobi sells both AC power tools, and DC power tools that rely on a common battery pack system referred to as Ryobi 18Volt one+ battery system. Ryobi one+ batteries come in a variety of Amp-hour configuration and battery type, such as lithium-ion and ni-cad battery.
- "Corporate Information". Ryobi Ltd. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- "Ryobi Annual Report ()2016)" (PDF). Ryobi Ltd. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- "Corporate Information - History". Ryobi Ltd. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- "USA - Ryobi to expand Indiana operation". Foundry-Planet Ltd. July 29, 2016. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- Dudley, George (July 6, 2016). "Ryobi extends partnership with Hertha Berlin". SportsPro. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- Official website (English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|