|No. 21 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Born:||October 30, 1996|
Bridgeton, New Jersey
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
(Millville, New Jersey)
|NFL Draft:||2019 / Round: 5 / Pick: 140|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2020|
|Player stats at NFL.com · PFR|
Ryquell Keeman Armstead (born October 30, 1996) is an American football running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Temple Owls.
Early life and high school career
Armstead was born in Bridgeton, New Jersey and grew up in Millville, New Jersey. He rushed for 1,488 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior at Millville Senior High School, including a school-record 337 yards against Absegami High School.
Armstead played four seasons for the Temple Owls. Armstead spent his first two seasons as a backup to starter Jahad Thomas and rushed for 191 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman. He received significantly more playing time as a sophomore and rushed for 919 yards on 156 carries and a team-leading 14 touchdowns as the Owls went on to win the American Athletic Conference (AAC) championship. Armstead struggled with injuries in his first year as a starter, rushing for 604 yards and five touchdowns. As a senior, Armstead rushed for 1,098 yards on 210 carries (5.2 average) and scored 13 touchdowns. He was named first team All-AAC despite nagging injuries. Armstead finished his collegiate career as the Owls' fourth-leading rusher with 2,812 yards and fourth in school history with 34 rushing touchdowns.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|5 ft 11 1⁄4 in
|30 5⁄8 in
|9 1⁄8 in
|4.45 s||4.29 s||7.02 s||30.0 in
|9 ft 6 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Armstead was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the fifth round with the 140th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. Armstead signed a rookie contract with the Jaguars on May 9, 2019. Armstead made his NFL debut in the Jaguars season opener on September 8, 2019, gaining seven yards on a single carry in a 40–26 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Armstead scored his first career touchdown, a seven-yard reception (also the first of his career) from Gardner Minshew, on September 29, 2019 against the Denver Broncos. Armstead finished his rookie season with 35 carries for 108 rushing yards and 14 receptions for 144 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns.
Armstead was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on August 2, 2020. He was activated on August 20. He was placed back on the COVID-19 list on September 4, 2020. On October 25, 2020 it was reported that he would miss the rest of the season due to COVID-19 and that he had been hospitalized twice having significant respiratory issues.
- Weinberg, David (April 23, 2019). "Ryquell Armstead, Wes Hills waiting for next opportunity as NFL draft nears". The Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- Narducci, Marc (August 20, 2018). "If he stays healthy, Ryquell Armstead could be one of the best in the AAC – Temple running backs preview". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Philly.com. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- Santoliquito, Joseph (April 24, 2019). "NFL Draft will once again feature some local talent — and Eagles may be interested". PhillyVoice.com. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- Chambliss, Erik (April 27, 2019). "Temple Running Back Ryquell Armstead Selected By Jacksonville Jaguars In Fifth Round Of NFL Draft". Philadelphia.CBSLocal.com. KYW-TV. Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- "Ryquell Armstead Combine Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved August 31, 2020.
- Reid, John (April 27, 2019). "Jaguars select Temple RB Ryquell Armstead in fifth round". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- Williams, Charean (May 9, 2019). "Jaguars sign fifth-rounder Ryquell Armstead". Profootballtalk.com. NBC Sports. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Jaguars' Ryquell Armstead: Gets single touch". CBSSports.com. RotoWire. September 8, 2019. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- Coppola, Anthony (September 30, 2019). "Millville's Ryquell Armstead scores first NFL touchdown". The Daily Journal. Retrieved October 2, 2019.
- DiCecco, Andrew (January 1, 2020). "Jaguars Week 17 Rookie Report: 2019 Class Ends Season on a High Note". SI.com. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Oehser, John (August 2, 2020). "Transactions: Minshew, four others added to reserve/COVID-19 list". Jaguars.com. Retrieved August 2, 2020.
- Oehser, John (August 20, 2020). "Transactions: Armstead, Wallace-Simms moved to active roster". Jaguars.com. Retrieved August 20, 2020.
- Sullivan, Tyler (September 4, 2020). "Ryquell Armstead placed on COVID reserve list, throwing Jaguars' RB depth chart into even more flux". CBSSports.com. Retrieved September 8, 2020.