|Member of the European Parliament|
20 July 2004
|Constituency||12 (Wrocław, Lower Silesian and Opole|
|Member of Sejm of Poland|
I term: 1991 – 1993
III term: 1997 – 2001
25 January 1963 |
London, United Kingdom
|Political party||Real Politics Movement (1987-?)
Christian-National Union (1991-?)
Law and Justice (since 2008)
|Awards||Order of Merit (Ukraine)|
Richard Henry Czarnecki ([ˈrɨʂart ˈxɛnrɨ t͡ʂarˈnɛt͡ski], born 25 January 1963 in London; pol. Ryszard Henryk Czarnecki) is a British-born Polish politician who is a Member of the European Parliament for the Lower Silesian and Opole constituency from Law and Justice. Prior to 2008, he was a member of the Self-Defense party.
He is part of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs, and is a substitute for the Committee on Constitutional Affairs and a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of south-east Europe. Member of the "Group on South Asia","South Asia Peace Forum" and "Forum for Balochistan" in the European Parliament.
- Master of History, University of Wrocław
- 1987: Archivist, Archiwum Akt Nowych, Warsaw (1986) 'Solidarność' Archives
- 1988-1990: journalist with 'The Polish Daily', London
- editorial secretary
- 1991: Deputy editor-in-chief 'Wiadomości Dnia'
- 1991: editor-in-chief 'Dziennik Dolnośląski' (1991), acting director 'NORPOL-PRESS'
- 1993-1997: Chief Editor for Religious programmes, Polsat TV
- 2001-2004: Lecturer
- 1994-1996: Chairman of the Christian-National Union (ZCHN)
- 2002-2004: Expert 'Self-defence of the Polish Republic'
- Member in the I and III terms of the Parliament of the Republic of Poland
- Vice-Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Culture and Media
- Chairman of the Parliamentary Sub-committee on Copyright
- Chairman of the Polish-Italian Parliamentary Group
- 1991-1993: parliamentary representative to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Member of the Parliamentary Committee on European Integration
- 1999-2001: Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Liaison with Poles Abroad
- 2000-2001: Vice-Chairman of the Committee on European Law
- 1991-2001: representative of the Polish Sejm (parliament) in the Parliamentary Assembly of the West European Union
- 1993: Deputy Minister of Culture
- 1997-1999: Minister for European Integration
- 1997-1998: Head of the Committee on European Integration
- 1998-1999: Minister - member of the Cabinet
- www.pe2009.pkw.gov.pl. Accessdate on 2009-05-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryszard Czarnecki.|