Rzemień, Podkarpackie Voivodeship
Fortification in Rzemień
Rzemień [ˈʐɛmjɛɲ] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Przecław, within Mielec County, Subcarpathian Voivodeship, in south-eastern Poland. It lies approximately 4 kilometres (2 mi) north-east of Przecław, 10 km (6 mi) south-east of Mielec, and 41 km (25 mi) north-west of the regional capital Rzeszów. Rzemień is situated in the valley of the Wisłoka River. It has a large windmill and a large park in which stands an interesting example of early fortification, a tall square building, with 2 meter thick walls.
The fortification is said to have been built by Stanisław Tarnowski in 1526. A manuscript (Document N°. 1826), by the Reverend Franciszek Siarczyński in the Ossolineum library, in Wrocław, Poland records that this village belonged a family called ‘Ocieski’, who were major landowners in the area (also owning Ocieka and Wola Ociecka). In 1616 the castle fortification ownership passed to the noble family of ‘Lubomirski’, who in 1620-1640 modernised it with the most up-to-date defences.
- "Central Statistical Office (GUS) – TERYT (National Register of Territorial Land Apportionment Journal)". (in Polish). Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- Kłos, Stanisław. "Wojewodztwo Rzeszowskie Przewodnik", page 177 © Sport i Turystyka, 1969.
- "Zamki w Polsce - RZEMIEŃ - zamkiobronne.pl" (in Polish). www.zamkiobronne.pl. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Slownik Geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego". - Warsaw (1886, vol. 7, page 370) (in Polish). Retrieved 2008-09-18.
- "Tarnow region - the polish hotspot". www.go-tarnow.com. Archived from the original on November 16, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
|This Mielec County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|