São Lourenço, Macau
Freguesia de São Lourenço in Macau
|• Total||1.0 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||52,000/km2 (130,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (Macau Standard)|
|São Lourenço, Macau|
|Jyutping||Fung1 Seon6 Tong4 Koe1|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Fēngshùn Tángqū|
|Literal meaning||Smooth Wind Church Area|
|Jyutping||Sing3 Lou5 Ling6 Zo3 Tong4 Koe1|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Shènglǎoléngzuǒ Tángqū|
|Portuguese||Freguesia de São Lourenço|
This parish was one of five in the former Municipality of Macau, one of Macau's two municipalities that were abolished on 31 December 2001 by Law No. 17/2001, following the 1999 transfer of sovereignty over Macau from Portugal to China. While their administrative functions have since been removed, these parishes are still retained nominally.
It is surrounded by water and oils on all sides except north, where it neighbours Freguesia da Sé. Penha Hill (西望洋山) and Barra Hill (媽閣山) are to the south. The Portuguese governor building and current administrative buildings are located here. The hillsides contain a residential area of luxurious villas.
- Area: 0.9 km² (13.4% of the peninsula)
- Population: 45,600
- Population density: 50,904 persons per km²
- A-Ma Temple
- Dom Pedro V Theatre
- Leal Senado Building
- Mandarin's House
- Maritime Museum
- Moorish Barracks
- Our Lady of Penha Chapel
- Penha Hill
- Sir Robert Ho Tung Library
- St. Joseph's Seminary and Church
The Macau government operates the Centro de Saúde de S. Lourenço (風順堂衛生中心) in Fong Son Tong.
All schools in this parish are private and subsidized by the Macau government.
- Escola Estrela do Mar - Preschool through secondary school
- Escola Há Ván Châm Vui (下環浸會學校) - Preschool and primary school
- Escola Santa Maria Mazzarello (聖瑪沙利羅學校) - Preschool and primary school
- Instituto Salesiano da Imaculada Conceição, preschool through secondary school
Macao Public Library operates two branches in the parish: the Sir Robert Ho Tung Library and the S. Lourenço Library (Biblioteca de S. Lourenço; 下環圖書館). The latter occupies 1,245 square metres (13,400 sq ft) of space on the third floor of the Municipal Market Complex of St. Lourenço (下環街市). The S. Lourenço branch opened in December 2009 and was a part of the renovation of the market.
- Macau Government Headquarters (Sede do Governo da RAEM)
- "Contactos." Government Printing Bureau. Retrieved on September 14, 2017. "Endereço Rua da Imprensa Nacional, s/n - Macau" - Address in Chinese: "地址 澳門官印局街"
- "Contacte-Nos." Macau Health Bureau. Retrieved on April 21, 2018. "Centro de Saúde de S. Lourenço (Fong Son Tong) Trav. Inácio Baptista, n.º 2, r/c, Macau" Chinese version: "風順堂衛生中心 澳門鵝眉橫街新濤閣 2號地下"
- "Escola Estrela do Mar." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Rua do Padre António, no.36" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 高樓街36號"
- "Escola Há Ván Châm Vui." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Endereço : Rua da Praia do Manduco, nos.46-48" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 下環街46-48號"
- "Escola Santa Maria Mazzarello." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Endereço : Rua da Praia do Manduco, no.103" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 下環街103號"
- "Instituto Salesiano da Imaculada Conceição." Education and Youth Affairs Bureau (Macau). Retrieved on April 9, 2017. "Endereço : Rua de Lourenço, no.16" - Chinese profile: "學校地址: 風順堂街16號"
- "Contacts." University of Saint Joseph. Retrieved on January 17, 2018. "Saint Joseph Seminary [...] Address: 5 Largo de Sto. Agostinho , Macau, China(Entrance next to Sir Robert Ho Tung Library) 地址：中國澳門崗頂前地五號(何東圖書館旁入)"
- "Branch Libraries." Macao Public Library. Retrieved on April 16, 2017. Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to São Lourenço.|