|Occupation||CEO of AccorHotels|
Sébastien Bazin (born 9 November 1961) is a French businessman. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of AccorHotels (Euronext: AC; LSE: 0H59). As CEO of Accor, he has committed to the UN's HeForShe campaign that seeks to promote women's and men's rights by pledging to reach parity in pay and equality between genders by 2020.
He holds a degree in economics obtained in 1984 and a master's degree in management, finance option, obtained at the Pantheon-Sorbonne University in 1985 During his military service, he served as a firefighter in Paris.
Sébastien Bazin began his career in finance in the United States, Clore then Painewebber groups in New York City, San Francisco, then went to London. He returns in France and became the Director of Investment Banking Hottinguer Rivaud Finances from 1990 to 1992. He continued his career by becoming Managing Director of the company Immobilière Hôtelière in 1992. He held this position for five years. In 1997, he began to serve as chief executive officer, principal, and managing director of Europe at Colony Capital, a global real estate investment company. He served on the board of directors of Hottinguer Rivaud Finances, an investment bank. He also served on the board of Edenred from 2010 to 2013.
In 2006, Sébastien Bazin became one of the shareholders of Paris Saint-Germain, via Colony Capital. On 3, he becomes the 14th president of Paris Saint-Germain, following the departure of Charles Villeneuve. Since July 2011 and the acquisition of Paris Saint-Germain by a Qatar investment fund, he is no longer majority shareholder.
On 30 November 2017, at the 4th Challenges magazine's Economic Summit, Sébastien Bazin announced the preparation of a strategic alliance with one of the giants of the net-economy to accelerate the dematerialization and the digital transformation of the Accor group.
- "HeForShe Sebastien Bazin". HeForShe. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- Lsa-conso.fr - Le carnet des décideurs - Sébastien Bazin - http://www.lsa-conso.fr/carnet-des-decideurs/bazin-sebastien,135902.
- Immoweek.fr - The 300 professionals - Sébastien Bazin - http://www.immoweek.fr/immobilier/professionnels/sebastien-bazin-206.
- Patrick Bonazza, EXCLUSIF. Sébastien Bazin devient P-DG d'Accor, Le Point, 26/08/2013
- Nadya Masidlover, Christina Passariello, Accor Confirms Sebastien Bazin's Appointment as Chairman, CEO, The Wall Street Journal, August 27, 2013
- Ivan Letessier, Sébastien Bazin quitte Colony Capital pour devenir PDG d'Accor, Le Figaro, 27/08/2013
- Lexpansion.lexpress.fr - Le Qatar rachète le PSG - 31 mai 2013 - http://www.lhotellerie-restauration.fr/journal/hotellerie/2013-11/Sebastien-Bazin-nouvel-homme-fort-d-Accor.htm.
- Henny Sender, Sébastien Bazin to be Accor chief as it seeks ‘asset lite’ policy, Financial Times, August 27, 2013
- Exclusif. Accor prépare une alliance avec un Gafa, Challenges, 1 décembre 2017
- Sébastien Bazin : « AccorHotels doit absolument se diversifier », le Monde, 16 novembre 2017
| CEO of AccorHotels