|Birth name||Sébastien Izambard|
7 March 1973 |
|Genres||Classical crossover; pop; rock; romantic|
|Occupation(s)||Singer; record producer; composer; musician|
|Instruments||Singing; guitar; piano|
|Labels||Sony BMG, Syco Music, Columbia Records, EMI|
|Associated acts||Il Divo|
Member since 2004 of the classical crossover group Il Divo, who has sold over 28 million copies worldwide discs. In 2000 he launched the solo titled "Libre" pop album, reaching number #1 ranking with the single "Si tu savais" achieving excellent sales ranking in France, Canada and Belgium. Currently, Izambard writes, produces and composes for pop artists of international stature.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Solidarity work
- 3 Musical career
- 4 Photo gallery
- 5 Discography
- 6 Videography
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Sébastien, the only son of Maurice and Marie Izambard, stylist profession, born and raised in the 16th arrondissement of Paris or Arrondissement Passy, France. Your childhood was hard, since his parents divorced and his father left him when he was six, leaving Sébastien growing up in a poor single parent. He lived in a small room of 10m2 with her mother on top of a block of apartments owned Parisian Dense her great-grandmother, that those years were very difficult. He studied at the Lycée Janson de Sailly in Paris, considered one of the best schools in Europe.
Over the years, his love for music he grew up and learned to play the guitar, the piano and singing, ear and through self-study. The piano is the first instrument he played as his grandmother Jacqueline, whom he called Mimine, had one and he began composing songs on it in just five years. The piano became his therapist, it was his way of expression.
As his mother worked, he grew accustomed to solitude and independence. With 12 years cooking cakes for her, as a gift after their workday. He confesses that for him, becoming an adult was more a way to learn to get out of trouble since before their parents separate witnessed violence, drugs and abuse. Sébastien causing a psychological impact in forging a cautious, introverted and prone to repress child, but with the help of specialists for children was able to overcome. At 17, tired of a life of violence and beatings provided by her mother, went to live with his grandmother and spent many years without relationship with his mother.
1.83 meters tall, gray-green eyes and the zodiac sign Pisces, his hobbies include tennis, aviation, swimming, red wine tastings and birds. In his spare time he likes to compose, water skiing, snow skiing and going to the beach. Before his complete devotion to music, Sébastien conducted tests for Air France pilot, his dream since childhood, but his view was too weak and could not fulfill his dream. From that moment, the music became everything to him. He speaks; English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, some German and his native French.
Sébastien agreed with Australian Renee Murphy June 1, 2007 and were married on August 17, 2008 in a house on the outskirts of France. Renée's former publicist Sony BMG Music Entertainment, the record Sebastien, whom he met while on tour in Australia in 2005 with Il Divo.
A few months before the wedding, the March 20, 2008 Sebastien and Renee became parents of twins, Rose and Luca, born in the in-Royal-des-Champs Port of Paris maternity hospital. The May 20, 2011, he was born the third child of the couple, called Jude, at Queen Charlotte's Hospital in London.
Sèbastien is an active member of two charities; with the French organization AMTM (Assistance Médicale Toit du Monde)  which helps poor children in Nepal and India where during one of his campaigns to raise funds in September 2008, Seb raffled several of his Armani suits; and the Australian Sanfilippo Children's Foundation organization of which he is global ambassador.
He recorded two videoclips and collaborated in solidarity projects such as the Noël Ensemble, a record in which more than one hundred artists participated in order to raise funds for the fight against AIDS.
Izambard started his career as a pop musician in France, releasing a solo album called Libre and his song Si Tu Savais was ranked first in French Hit Charts. Besides being a singer, Izambard is also an accomplished music composer, pianist, and guitar player  In Paris he has written music for many French artists. In 2001, he performed with Johnny Hallyday as a guest in the Olympia Theater in Paris. His music, greatly influenced by Jeff Buckley, earns him the acknowledgement of French and Canadian audiences.
Record producer and composer
Sébastien says that composing and writing songs is her passion, writing for the pleasure of writing. Before joining Il Divo wrote and produced songs for other French artists.
In parallel with Il Divo, Izambard continued writing songs with pop stars in the world; as with Australian Darren Hayes, the lead singer of Savage Garden; the star of The Phantom of the Opera Ramin Karimloo; or Guy Chambers.
In November 2014, Sébastien led the project to create an album with different Australian artists for raising money. Izambard, with the help of Sony Pictures Entertainment, produced the album titled For Bringing Hope Isla and Jude, which was released on December 5, 2014 with the single written by Kate Bush This Woman's Work, for St. Filippo Foundation.
Izambard performed in February 2002 in Richard Cocciante’s musical “Le Petit Prince”, where he played the role of the Business Man. Before being a member of Il Divo he also performed in several theatre plays as part of the group “La Troupe”.
He was preparing his second album with Francis Madjouli and Lionel Florence when he became involved with Il Divo.
While recording his second solo album after collaborating on Le Petit Prince, Sébastien attended an audition for the musical The Sun King. While waiting, he met Geraldine Larrosa, (Innocence) and her then-partner Carlos Marín, who spoke to him after hearing Sébastien sing in online videos. Carlos said it was worth a try, so Sébastien went to the Bastille in Paris, where the auditions were being held by Sonny Takhar. Hearing Izambard Caruso performed the song while playing the piano himself, relaxed and convinced that he had nothing to lose since he thought would lead nowhere. But Cowell heard him and offered him the job. Sebastien he said to himself: Je Ne Regrette Rien (I have nothing to lose),. accepted and devoted worldwide in the stateless musical quartet Il Divo in December 2003, along with Urs Bühler (Switzerland), David Miller (US) and Carlos Marín (Spain). Izambard is the only member of the group who is not classically trained.
Izambard has said that he has two dreams while being in Il Divo: composing a song for the quartet, and singing songs in French. In fact, Ancora, the second album of the group, contains two songs in French: "Je Crois en toi" (a duet partially in French with Céline Dion) and "Pour Que Tu M’Aimes Encore." "I Believe In You" is an original song for both artists, while Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore is Dion's, considered to be her most famous song in French.
Their first album, called Il Divo became a worldwide multiplatinum selling record when released in November 2004, entering Billboard at number 4; it sold five million copies worldwide in less than a year and knocked Robbie Williams from the number one spot. Their second album, Ancora, was released on 7 November 2005 in the United Kingdom. Il Divo's third album Siempre was released on 21 November 2006 in the United States and on 27 November 2006 internationally. Their latest album, The Promise, was released on 10 November 2008 (world) & 18 November 2008 (US), and shot straight to number 1 in the United Kingdom. In 2013 they published A Musical Affair, the album's songs are inspired by famous plays and musicals.
- Studio albums
- 2000 - Libre; del álbum Libre
- 2000 - Si tu savais; del álbum Libre
- 2001 - J’T’en veux; del álbum Libre
- Studio albums: Il Divo
- 2004 - Il Divo
- 2005 - The Christmas Collection
- 2005 - Ancora
- 2006 - Siempre
- 2008 - The Promise
- 2011 - Wicked Game
- 2013 - A Musical Affair
- Albums Collections: Il Divo
- Live Albums: Il Divo
Producer or Composer
- 2010 - Ramin de Ramin Karimloo
- 2011 - Secret Codes and Battleships de Darren Hayes
- 2014 - Hope - This Woman's Work 
Collaborations other albums
- 2000 - Nöel Ensemble 
- 2005 - On ne change pas de Celine Dion (Il Divo)
- 2006 - Voices from the FIFA World Cup (Il Divo)
- 2006 - Libra de Toni Braxton (Il Divo)
- 2004 - Live At Gottam Hall
- 2005 - Encore 
- 2005 - Mamá 
- 2006 - The Yule Log: The Christmas Collection 
- 2006 - Live at the Greek Theater 
- 2008 - At The Coliseum (Il Divo)
- 2009 - An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona
- 2011 - Live At The London Coliseum  (Il Divo)
- 2014 - Live In Japan 
- "Il Divo crowned Silver Clef winners". 23 March 2015.
- irishexaminer.com, ed. (June 12, 2014). "Il Divo: Putting the pop in opera".
- "Sébasien Izambard, cantante popular en Francia, ahora forma parte de Il Divo". 2014.
- "Il Divo: Poner el pop en la ópera".
- http://radiotoday.com.au/ (ed.). "Hope for Isla and Jude, initated and produced by Sébastien Izambard from Il Divo, will see the Kate Bush classic This Woman’s Work released to radio Tuesday. The track includes vocals from Darren Hayes, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Pete Murray, Ella Hooper, Diesel, David Campbell, Alex Lloyd, Christine Anu, Luke Steele, Katy Steele, Casey Donovan, Damien Leith, Marlisa, Nathaniel, The Australian Children’s Choir & special guest performance from (Red Hot Chili Peppers) Flea (playing Bass)".
- dailytelegraph.com.au (ed.). "Il Divo singer Sebastian Izambard’s fight to save Sanfilippo kids through Hope for Isla and Jude charity song".
- "Abandonado por su padre a los seis años de edad y creció en la pobreza en París: el Divo Sébastien Izambard hace juegos malabares entre la fama y la familia - y quiere el 4 bebé!". 29 March 2013.
- "Lycée Janson de Sailly (colegio)".
- "La estrella nacida en París Il Divo Sebastien Izambard, en la sala de estar de la casa de Londres".
- "Entrevista com Sebastien Izambard e David Miller".
- Adams, Cameron (17 February 2007). "Song in their hearts". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 August 2009.
- Official forum|date=2014, thread of Izambard's announcement.
- We risked death to become parents: Il Divo singer Sébastien Izambard and his wife Renee tell of the traumatic births of their children|date=2014
- "Assistance Médicale Toit du MondeE - AMTM". 2014.
- "Sebastien Izambard announced official ambassador Sanfilippo children's Foundation". 2014.
- /www.ildivo.com, ed. (15th November 2011). "Seb recently sat down with The Sunday Telegraph Seven Magazine to discuss the Best French language records. Read a transcription of the article below.". Check date values in:
- ""Me encanta hacer música pop todavía", admite Izambard"".
- news.com.au, ed. (November 23, 2014). "Artists including Luke Steele, Flea, Darren Hayes, Diesel, Casey Donovan, David Campbell, Marlisa, Damien Leith, Ella Hooper and Pete Murray have recorded a version of the Kate Bush classic This Woman’s Work under the name Hope for Isla and Jude.".
- sebastienizambard.net, ed. (November 8, 2014). "Sebastien Izambard, signing up to help a Sydney family find a cure for their sick children was an easy choice.".
- "Il Divo: Poner el pop en la ópera. Entrevista a Sebastien 'Divo' Izambard". 12 January 2014.
- lahiguera.net, ed. (2012-11-19). "Il Divo: Greatest Hits".
- "The Greatest Hits - Deluxe Limited Edition | The Official Il Divo Site". Ildivo.com. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- http://www.ildivo.com/ (ed.). "An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona".
- "Musica de Sébastien Izambard".
- "Darren Hayes – Secret Codes & Battleships (2011) - Universal AU, EMI Europe".
- "Australian Artists Unite Bringing 'Hope For Isla & Jude'".
- "Artists unite bringing Hope for Isla and Jude".
- "Il Divo singer Sebastian Izambard’s fight to save Sanfilippo kids through Hope for Isla and Jude charity song".
- "Sebastien Izambard Noel Ensemble".
- dvd-peliculas.com, ed. (December 2004). "Il Divo - Gotham Hall Performance (2005)".
- musicme.com, ed. (December 2004). "Il Divo Live at Gotham Hall 2004".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Encore. Il Divo en el teatro romano de Mérida en España".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Videoclip de Mamá, de Il Divo".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo pública 'Christmas Collection. The Yule Log'".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo Live at the Greek Theater".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo At The Coliseum".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo Live At The London Coliseum".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo anuncia el lanzamiento de 'Live In Japan', n CD con Dvd en edición deluxe".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sébastien Izambard.|
- Official website Sébastien Izambard
- Official website Il Divo
- Sébastien Izambard on Twitter
- Sébastien Izambard on Instagram