Izambard in 2008
|Born||7 March 1973|
|Genres||Classical crossover; pop music; rock music; romantic music|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer, composer, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||EMI Music France|
Sony BMG / Syco Music
|Associated acts||Il Divo|
Sébastien Izambard (born 7 March 1973) is a French musician, singer, composer, and record producer. His vocal range is classified as popular melody or voix populi to a loud, so it has a tenor tessitura phonic.
He has been a member of the classical crossover group Il Divo since 2004, who has sold over 28 million copies worldwide discs. In 2000 he launched the solo titled "Libre" pop album, reaching number No. 1 ranking with the single "Si tu savais" achieving excellent sales ranking in France, Canada and Belgium. Currently, Izambard writes, produces and composes for pop artists of international stature.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Solidarity work
- 3 Musical career
- 4 Discography
- 5 Videography
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Izambard childhood was hard, his parents had divorced and his father left him when he was six. He grew up in a poor single parent household and lived with his mother in a small room of 10m2 on the top floor of a block of apartments in Parisian Dense with her great-grandmother. These years were very difficult. He studied at the Lycée Janson de Sailly in Paris, considered one of the best schools in Europe.
As his mother worked, he grew accustomed to solitude and independence. At the age of 12 years he cooked cakes as a gift for her after her workday. He confesses that for him, becoming an adult was more a way to learn to get out of trouble since before their parents got separated, he witnessed violence, drugs and abuse. Due to this psychological impact, he was becoming a cautious, introverted and a repressed child. However, with the help of child specialists he was able to overcome this feeling of repression.
Sébastien got engaged to Australian Renée Murphy on 1 June 2007 and they married 17 August 2008 in France. Renée was a publicist for Sony BMG when she met Sebastien in Australia in 2005, who was on a tour with Il Divo .
A few months before the wedding, on 20 March 2008, Sebastien and Renée became parents of twins, Rose and Luca, who were born in the Royal-des-Champs Port of Paris maternity hospital. On 20 May 2011, the couple's third child was born.
Sèbastien is an active member of two charities; with the French organization AMTM (Assistance Médicale Toit du Monde) which helps poor children in Nepal and India where during one of his campaigns to raise funds in September 2008, Seb raffled several of his Armani suits; and the Australian Sanfilippo Children's Foundation organization of which he is global ambassador.
He recorded two videoclips and collaborated in solidarity projects such as the Noël Ensemble, a record in which more than one hundred artists participated in order to raise funds for the fight against AIDS.
Izambard started his career as a pop musician in France, releasing a solo album called Libre and his song Si Tu Savais was ranked first in French Hit Charts. Besides being a singer, Izambard is also an accomplished music composer, pianist, and guitar player In Paris he has written music for many French artists. In 2001, he performed with Johnny Hallyday as a guest in the Olympia Theater in Paris. His music, greatly influenced by Jeff Buckley, earns him the acknowledgement of French and Canadian audiences.
Record producer and composer
Sébastien says that composing and writing songs is his passion, writing for the pleasure of writing. Before joining Il Divo wrote and produced songs for other French artists.
In parallel with Il Divo, Izambard continued writing songs with pop stars in the world; as with Australian Darren Hayes, the lead singer of Savage Garden; the star of The Phantom of the Opera Ramin Karimloo; Guy Chambers; and with the lyricist Don Black.
In November 2014, Sébastien led the project to create an album with different Australian artists for raising money. Izambard, with the help of Sony Pictures Entertainment, produced along with the Spanish producer Alberto Quintero, producer as well of some of the albums of IL Divo, the album titled For Bringing Hope Isla and Jude, which was released on 5 December 2014 with the single written by Kate Bush This Woman's Work, for St. Filippo Foundation.
Izambard performed in February 2002 in Richard Cocciante's musical "Le Petit Prince", where he played the role of the Business Man. Before being a member of Il Divo he also performed in several theatre plays as part of the group "La Troupe".
He was preparing his second album with Francis Madjouli and Lionel Florence when he became involved with Il Divo.
Duets and Collaborations
Izambard has made many music & duets collaborations with major artists, both alone and with a member of Il Divo
- Anggun ("Who Wants to Live Forever")
- Barbra Streisand ("Music of the Night", "Somewhere", "Evergreen")
- Casey Donovan ("This Woman's Work")
- Celine Dion ("I Believe in You (Je crois en toi)")
- Damien Leith ("This Woman's Work")
- Darren Hayes ("This Woman's Work")
- David Campbell ("This Woman's Work")
- Denisse de Kalafe ("Sortilegio de amor")
- Diesel ("This Woman's Work")
- Ella Hooper ("This Woman's Work")
- Engelbert Humperdinck ("Spanish Eyes")
- Florent Pagny ("Belle")
- Heather Headley ("Can You Feel the Love Tonight?")
- Hélène Segara ("Memory")
- Johnny Hallyday
- Juan Gabriel ("Amor eterno")
- Katherine Jenkins ("Somewhere")
- Kristin Chenoweth ("Do You Hear What I Hear", "All I Ask of You")
- Lea Salonga (" A Whole New World)", "Time to say goodbye (Con Te Partirò)", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"
- Leona Lewis ("Somewhere")
- Lisa Angell ("Can You Feel the Love Tonight?")
- Luke Steele ("This Woman's Work")
- Marlisa ("This Woman's Work")
- Mazz Murray ("Memory", "Time to say goodbye (Con Te Partirò)", "Music of the Night")
- Michael Ball ("Love Changes Everything")
- Natasha St-Pier ("Aimer")
- Nicole Scherzinger ("Memory")
- Pete Murray ("This Woman's Work")
- Ramin Karimloo ("Broken", "Guiding Light")
- Sonia Lacen ("L'envie d'aimer")
- Toni Braxton ("The Time of Our Lives")
- Vincent Niclo ("Le Temps Des Cathédrales")
While recording his second solo album after collaborating on Le Petit Prince, Sébastien attended an audition for the musical The Sun King. While waiting, he met Geraldine Larrosa, (Innocence) and her then-partner Carlos Marín, who spoke to him after hearing Sébastien sing in online videos. Carlos said it was worth a try, so Sébastien went to the Bastille in Paris, where the auditions were being held by Sonny Takhar. Hearing Izambard Caruso performed the song while playing the piano himself, relaxed and convinced that he had nothing to lose since he thought would lead nowhere. But Cowell heard him and offered him the job. Sebastien he said to himself: Je Ne Regrette Rien (I have nothing to lose),. accepted and devoted worldwide in the stateless musical quartet Il Divo in December 2003, along with Urs Bühler (Switzerland), David Miller (US) and Carlos Marín (Spain). Izambard is the only member of the group who is not classically trained.
Izambard has said that he has two dreams while being in Il Divo: composing a song for the quartet, and singing songs in French. In fact, Ancora, the second album of the group, contains two songs in French: "Je Crois en toi" (a duet partially in French with Céline Dion) and "Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore." "I Believe in You" is an original song for both artists, while Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore is Dion's, considered to be her most famous song in French.
Their first album, called Il Divo became a worldwide multiplatinum selling record when released in November 2004, entering Billboard at number 4; it sold five million copies worldwide in less than a year and knocked Robbie Williams from the number one spot. Their second album, Ancora, was released on 7 November 2005 in the United Kingdom. Il Divo's third album Siempre was released on 21 November 2006 in the United States and on 27 November 2006 internationally. Their latest album, The Promise, was released on 10 November 2008 (world) & 18 November 2008 (US), and shot straight to number 1 in the United Kingdom. In 2013 they published A Musical Affair, the album's songs are inspired by famous plays and musicals.
On 9 June 2006, Il Divo performed the 2006 FIFA World Cup official song, "The Time of Our Lives," with R&B singer Toni Braxton live, at half-time, during the opening match between Germany and Costa Rica and again a month later at 9 July closing ceremony. The song is available exclusively on the Voices from the FIFA World Cup compilation album and on the European reissue of Braxton's album Libra but not on any Il Divo album. Il Divo have been on several world tours and have received 50 gold and platinum awards. Their last tour in 2014 covered five continents and over 33 countries.
On 12 December 2008, Il Divo performed their new song at the Swedish Idol 2008 finale in the Globen Arena in Stockholm. The Paraguay show was Il Divo's biggest capacity performance to date and took place on 20 December 2011, at the Defensores del Chaco Stadium in Asuncion, for 33,900 people.
13 May 2012 Il Divo performed the song Caruso with a staging of riding the rhythm of the song during the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II at Windsor for the entire royal family and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom.
On 6 September 2012, it was announced that Il Divo would release a Greatest Hits album. The album was produced by Alberto Quintero and featured songs spanning Il Divo's successful eight-year career to date, as well as four new songs including My Heart Will Go On, I Will Always Love You, Can't Help Falling in Love and Alone.
On 23 March 2015, it was announced that Il Divo was the winner of the 2015 Silver Clef Award, giving them the coveted Classic PPL. The gala award ceremony took place on 3 July at the Grosvenor House Hotel, a five-star hotel in London.
- Studio albums
1. 2000 – Libre
2. 2018 – We Came Here To Love
- Studio albums
- 2004 – Il Divo
- 2005 – Ancora
- 2006 – Siempre
- 2008 – The Promise
- 2011 – Wicked Game
- 2013 – A Musical Affair
- 2015 – Amor & Pasión
- 2018 – Timeless
- Seasonal album
- 2005 – The Christmas Collection
- Albums Collections
- 2012 - The Greatest Hits
- Live Albums
Collaborations other albums
- 2000 – Nöel Ensemble
- 2005 – On ne change pas; Celine Dion (Il Divo)
- 2006 – Voices from the FIFA World Cup (Il Divo)
- 2006 – Libra; Toni Braxton (Il Divo)
- 2014 – Engelbert Calling; Engelbert Humperdick, song "Spanish Eyes". (Il Divo)
- 2015 – Los Dúos; Juan Gabriel song "Amor eterno" (Il Divo)
- Official video
- 2004 – Libre [v. 1]
- 2002 – Le Petit Prince
- Documentary / Concert
- 2004 – Live at Gotham Hall
- 2005 – Encore
- 2005 – Mamá
- 2006 – The Yule Log: The Christmas Collection
- 2006 – Live At the Greek Theater
- 2008 – At the Coliseum
- 2009 – An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona
- 2011 – Live in London
- 2014 – Live in Japan
- 2016 – Live in Japan 2016
- Official video
- 2004 – Regresa a mí [v. 2]
- 2005 – Mama [v. 3]
- 2006 – Time of our Lives. [v. 4]
- 2014 – Le Temps Des Cathédrales [v. 5]
- 2014 – Who Wants to Live Forever [v. 6]
- 2014 – Aimer [v. 7]
- 2014 – Can You Feel the Love Tonight [v. 8]
- 2014 – Memory [v. 9]
- 2015 - Amor & Pasión -Trailer- [v. 10]
|External links of video clips|
- "Il Divo crowned Silver Clef winners". 23 March 2015.
- irishexaminer.com, ed. (12 June 2014). "Il Divo: Putting the pop in opera".
- "Sébasien Izambard, cantante popular en Francia, ahora forma parte de Il Divo". 2014.
- "Il Divo: Poner el pop en la ópera".
- http://radiotoday.com.au/ (ed.). "Hope for Isla and Jude, initated and produced by Sébastien Izambard from Il Divo, will see the Kate Bush classic This Woman's Work released to radio Tuesday. The track includes vocals from Darren Hayes, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Pete Murray, Ella Hooper, Diesel, David Campbell, Alex Lloyd, Christine Anu, Luke Steele, Katy Steele, Casey Donovan, Damien Leith, Marlisa, Nathaniel, The Australian Children's Choir & special guest performance from (Red Hot Chili Peppers) Flea (playing Bass)".
- dailytelegraph.com.au (ed.). "Il Divo singer Sebastian Izambard's fight to save Sanfilippo kids through Hope for Isla and Jude charity song".
- "Lycée Janson de Sailly (colegio)".
- "Entrevista com Sebastien Izambard e David Miller".
- Adams, Cameron (17 February 2007). "Song in their hearts". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 August 2009.
- Official forum|date=2014 Archived 3 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine., thread of Izambard's announcement.
- "Assistance Médicale Toit du MondeE – AMTM". 2014.
- "Sebastien Izambard announced official ambassador Sanfilippo children's Foundation". 2014. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014.
- http://sebastienizambard.tripod.com/[permanent dead link]
- /www.ildivo.com, ed. (15 November 2011). "Seb recently sat down with The Sunday Telegraph Seven Magazine to discuss the Best French language records. Read a transcription of the article below". Archived from the original on 24 September 2015.
- ""Me encanta hacer música pop todavía", admite Izambard"".
- www.ildivo.com, ed. (1 October 2015). "Il Divo may have won the Artist of the Decade award at the Classical Brit Awards at the Royal Albert Hall the evening before we meet, but Sebastien Izambard isn't the sort of person who lets such things go to his head". Archived from the original on 17 October 2015.
- news.com.au, ed. (23 November 2014). "Artists including Luke Steele, Flea, Darren Hayes, Diesel, Casey Donovan, David Campbell, Marlisa, Damien Leith, Ella Hooper and Pete Murray have recorded a version of the Kate Bush classic This Woman's Work under the name Hope for Isla and Jude".
- sebastienizambard.net, ed. (8 November 2014). "Sebastien Izambard, signing up to help a Sydney family find a cure for their sick children was an easy choice". Archived from the original on 29 November 2014.
- peopleinside.fr (ed.). "IL DIVO : NOUVEAU CLIP POUR L'ALBUM " A MUSICAL AFFAIR " MAINTENANT DISPONIBLE". Archived from the original on 5 December 2014.
- digitalspy.co.uk (ed.). "Il Divo con Barbra Streisand para el nuevo álbum".
- mujer.es (ed.). "Il Divo, actuará el próximo martes 4 de noviembre en el Palacio de los Deportes de Madrid". Archived from the original on 5 December 2014.
- dechismes.com (ed.). "Il Divo cantará el tema de la telenovela Sortilegio". Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "Nominados a los Premios TvYNovelas 2010". Archived from the original on 2 October 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- noise11.com (ed.). "The Engelbert Humperdinck 2014 duets album has a new star act. Il Divo have re-recorded Engelbert's classic 'Spanish Eyes' with the legendary singer".
- amazon.com (ed.). "Engelbert Calling (Deluxe Edition)".
- playbill.com (ed.). "Il Divo – Un asunto Musical, Con Heather Headley".
- .wanadoo.es (ed.). "En 2001 actuó con Johnny Halliday como invitado en su concierto en el teatro Olimpia".
- "JENIFFER LOPEZ, IL DIVO, MORRISON Y DE VITA SALEN DEL CD DE JUAN GABRIEL". Archived from the original on 23 September 2015.
- walesonline.co.uk (ed.). "Katherine: es un placer trabajar con Il Divo, son estrellas clásicas".
- europapress.es (ed.). "Il Divo canta Broadway con Michael Ball, Barbra Streinsand y Kristin Chenoweth".
- elmundo.es (ed.). "Il Divo acerca Broadway a Madrid.El cuarteto vuelve esta noche a la capital para presentar su sexto disco, 'A musical affair'".
- rpp.com.pe (ed.). "Simon Cowell: 7 artistas que surgieron con el famoso productor".
- londontheatre1.com (ed.). "We Will Rock You star Mazz Murray to join IL DIVO as guest star".
- http://deportes.elpais.com/ (ed.). "Il Divo y Toni Braxton presentarán el himno oficial del Mundial en la inauguración".
- "Il Divo: Poner el pop en la ópera. Entrevista a Sebastien 'Divo' Izambard". 12 January 2014.
-  Archived 12 March 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- FIONA: DIVO – Mirror.co.uk
- Parkström, Sara (9 December 2008). "Il Divo gästar idolfinalen". Expressen (in Swedish). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Branco, Marlene Aponte (21 December 2011). "Polca, guarania y ópera en una cálida noche de festejo patrio". Diario ABC Color (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Coronel, Jorge (21 December 2011). "Il Divo celebró en concierto el Bicentenario del Paraguay". Diario ABC Color (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- hola.com (ed.). "Windsor celebra el Jubileo de Diamante de forma espectacula". Archived from the original on 18 May 2012.
- "The Greatest Hits – Deluxe Limited Edition | The Official Il Divo Site". Ildivo.com. Archived from the original on 1 June 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Sebastien Izambard Noel Ensemble". Archived from the original on 25 September 2015.
- "Los dúo le ha significado muchas felicidades al cantante no sólo por haber vuelto a grabar sus éxitos con nuevos arreglos, sino por haberlos cantado acompañado de grandes figuras de la música contemporánea".
- "Australian Artists Unite Bringing 'Hope For Isla & Jude'".
- "Artists unite bringing Hope for Isla and Jude".
- "Il Divo singer Sebastian Izambard's fight to save Sanfilippo kids through Hope for Isla and Jude charity song".
- "Musica de Sébastien Izambard".
- "Darren Hayes – Secret Codes & Battleships (2011) – Universal AU, EMI Europe".
- dvd-peliculas.com, ed. (December 2004). "Il Divo – Gotham Hall Performance (2005)".
- musicme.com, ed. (December 2004). "Il Divo Live at Gotham Hall 2004".
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Encore. Il Divo en el teatro romano de Mérida en España". Archived from the original on 23 September 2015.
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Videoclip de Mamá, de Il Divo".
- http://www.ildivo.com/ (ed.). "An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona". Archived from the original on 25 September 2015.
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo Live at the Greek Theater". Archived from the original on 26 September 2015.
- www.ildivo.com (ed.). "Il Divo anuncia el lanzamiento de 'Live in Japan', n CD con Dvd en edición deluxe". Archived from the original on 10 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sébastien Izambard.|