|• Total||1,106.4 km2 (427.2 sq mi)|
|• Land||185.31 km2 (71.55 sq mi)|
|• Water||921.09 km2 (355.63 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (December 31, 2016)|
|• Density||16/km2 (41/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
Sölvesborg Municipality (Sölvesborgs kommun) is a municipality in Blekinge County in southern Sweden. It borders to Bromölla Municipality, Olofström Municipality and Karlshamn Municipality. The town Sölvesborg is the seat of the municipality.
The present municipality was formed in 1971 when the City of Sölvesborg was amalgamated with the rural municipalities Gammalstorp and Mjällby.
The Sölvesborg Party was formed ahead of the 2002 election by a group of former Green Party members. Party councillors are Dan Boberg and Bo Sandquist.
In the 2002 elections the party got 4.7% of the votes (472 votes) and two seats in the municipal assembly (kommunfullmäktige)
In the 2006 elections the party got 2.7% of the votes (277 votes) and one seat in the municipal assembly.
There are 10 urban areas (also called a Tätort or locality) in Sölvesborg Municipality.
In the table the localities are listed according to the size of the population as of December 31, 2005. The municipal seat is in bold characters.
All parishes belonged to Lister Hundred:
Twin towns — Sister cities
- Bornholm in Denmark (since 1947, until 2003 Nexø)
- Malbork in Poland (since 1999)
- Wolgast in Germany (since 1994)
- Sortavala in Russia (since 1997)
- Ukmerge in Lithuania (since 2000)
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2017. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Sölvesborg Municipality - Official site