|Born||12 December 1938
|Current club information|
|1958-1959||Folkare MK (SWE)|
|1962-1964, 1967-1975||Belle Vue Aces|
|1969-1970, 1979||Masarna (SWE)|
|1959||Swedish Junior Champion|
|1962, 1964, 1970||World Team Cup Winner|
|1974||World Pairs Champion|
|1960, 1961, 1971, 1972, 1975||Swedish League Champion|
|1964, 1968, 1977||Swedish Pairs Champion|
|1970, 1971, 1972||British League Champion|
|1972, 1973, 1975||British League KO Cup Winner|
Sören Willy Ernfrid Sjösten (born 12 December 1938, Krylbo, Sweden, died 1999) was a motorcycle speedway rider. He won the world pairs championship in 1974 with Anders Michanek and became world team champion three times representing Sweden, in 1962, 1964 and 1970. Sjösten also appeared in six individual World Championship Finals with two bronze medals as best result. Both third places was received after losing race-off heats for silver medal, the first time to Barry Briggs and the second time to Ivan Mauger
Sjösten rode for Masarna, Vargarna and Bysarna in the Swedish leagues and for Belle Vue Aces, Wolverhampton Wolves and Bristol Bulldogs in the British League. An excellent starter, he was renowned for having a 'wild' style of riding with the rear of the bike sliding further out on the bends than is usual and was often considered rough on his opponents.
World final appearances
Individual World Championship
- 1962 - London, Wembley Stadium - 9th - 8pts
- 1965 - London, Wembley Stadium - 7th - 9pts
- 1969 - London, Wembley Stadium - 3rd - 11pts
- 1970 - Wroclaw, Olympic Stadium - 4th - 9pts
- 1971 - Göteborg, Ullevi - 8th - 8pts
- 1974 - Göteborg, Ullevi - 3rd - 11pts
World Pairs Championship
World Team Cup
- 1961 - Wrocław, Olympic Stadium (with Ove Fundin / Rune Sörmander / Björn Knutsson / Per-Tage Svensson) - 2nd - 30pts (2)
- 1962 - Slaný (with Björn Knutsson / Ove Fundin / Göte Nordin / Rune Sörmander) - Winner - 36pts (10)
- 1964 - Abensberg, Abensberg Stadion (with Ove Fundin / Björn Knutsson / Göte Nordin / Rune Sörmander) - Winner - 34pts (0)
- 1969 - Rybnik, Rybnik Municipal Stadium (with Bengt Jansson / Ove Fundin / Anders Michanek / Torbjörn Harrysson) - 4th - 12pts (2)
- 1970 - London, Wembley Stadium (with Bengt Jansson / Ove Fundin / Anders Michanek) - Winner - 42pts (10)
- 1971 - Wrocław, Olympic Stadium (with Anders Michanek / Bernt Persson / Bengt Jansson / Leif Enecrona) - 4th - 18pts
- 1974 - Chorzów, Silesian Stadium (with Anders Michanek / Tommy Jansson / Christer Lofqvist) - 2nd - 31pts (10)
- 1975 - Norden, Motodrom Halbemond (with Anders Michanek / Tommy Jansson / Bernt Persson / Sören Karlsson) - 3rd - 17pts (1)
- Oakes, Peter; Mauger, Ivan OBE, MBE (1976). Who's Who of World Speedway. Studio Publications (Ipswich) Ltd. ISBN 0-904584-04-6.
- "Sören Sjösten" (in Swedish). Katrineholms-Kuriren. 1999-04-16.
- Bamford, R. & Shailes, G. (2002). A History of the World Speedway Championship. Stroud: Tempus Publishing. ISBN 0-7524-2402-5
- "Kolstybben - Sören Sjösten". 2007-05-19.
- "Motorsport Memorial".