|Born||2 March 1947|
Søren Kragh-Jacobsen (Danish: [ˈsœːɐn ˈkʰʁɑˀw ˈjɑkʰʌpsn̩]; born 2 March 1947, in Copenhagen) is a Danish film director, musician, and songwriter. He was one of the founders and practitioners of the Dogme95 project, for creating films without artificial technology or techniques.
Kragh-Jacobsen started out as a popular musician in Denmark, before attending film school in Prague. After returning to Denmark, he directed and co-wrote television productions.
His first feature film was Wanna See My Beautiful Navel? (1978). This was followed by the successful Rubber Tarzan (1981), Thunderbirds (1983), Emma's Shadow (1988), Shower of Gold (1988), The Boys from St. Petri (1991), The Island on Bird Street (1997), and his international break-through, dogme No. 3 Mifune's Last Song (1999), and Skagerrak (2003). Mifune's Last Song won the Silver Bear – Special Jury Prize at the 49th Berlin International Film Festival. Skagerrak was entered into the 25th Moscow International Film Festival. He has done some commercials and Danish/Swedish TV series.
Acclaimed internationally, he has received several major awards for his work, including the Memorial François Truffaut Award/Giffoni, an Emmy for The Island on Bird Street and a Silver Bear at the Berlinale film festival in Berlin for Mifune's Last Song. The Boys from St. Petri was screened out of competition at the 1992 Cannes Film Festival.
Marriage and family
|Oh, To Be a Butterfly||2020||Direction||Feature|
|The Hour of the Lynx||2013||Direction||Feature|
|What No One Knows||2008||Direction||Feature|
|The Protectors||2008||Direction||TV series|
|Det danske dogmeri||2005||Appearance||Documentary|
|The Eagle||2004||Direction||TV series|
|Mifune's Last Song||1999||Direction||Feature|
|The Island on Bird Street||1997||Direction||Feature|
|The Flyer||1996||Script consultant||Feature|
|The Monkeys and the Secret Weapon||1995||Lyrics||Feature|
|The Boys from St. Petri||1991||Direction||Feature|
|War of the Birds||1990||Music||Feature|
|The Miracle in Valby||1989||Script consultant||Feature|
|Shower of Gold||1988||Direction||Feature|
|Omsen og Momsen||1987||Script||TV film|
|Livet er en god grund||1985||Direction||TV film|
|Ude på noget||1984||Script||TV series|
|Thunderbirds (1983 film)||1983||Direction||Feature|
|Wanna See My Beautiful Navel?||1978||Direction||Feature|
- "Berlinale: 1999 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 31 January 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "25th Moscow International Film Festival (2003)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 3 April 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Festival de Cannes: The Boys from St. Petri". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 16 August 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Søren Kragh-Jacobsen: "Min kone kan stadig overraske mig"". Femina. Retrieved 1 March 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Søren Kragh-Jacobsen: Derfor holder mit ægteskab". Billed Bladet. Retrieved 1 March 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Søren Kragh-Jacobsen at IMDb
- Søren Kragh-Jacobsen in the Danish Film Database
- Søren Kragh-Jacobsen in the film database danskefilm.dk (in Danish)