20 November 1969 |
Søren Pind (born 20 November 1969) is a Danish lawyer and politician, a member of the center-right party Venstre. He served as Danish Minister of Justice from 2015 to 2016, and has served as Minister of Science, Technology, Information and Higher Education since 2016.
Pind is considered more liberal than most other members of his party. In 2003, he was part of a group of party members who issued the "ten liberal theses", a document unsuccessfully challenging the direction the party was taking under Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
He was appointed to the Lars Løkke Rasmussen I Cabinet during a cabinet reshuffle in February 2010, becoming Minister for Development Cooperation. He was appointed Minister for Refugees, Immigrants and Integration on 8 March 2011, thus holding double ministerial office.
Pind's term as minister ended on 4 October 2011, after the center-left coalition prevailed in the 2011 parliamentary election.
On 28 June 2015 he was appointed as Minister of Justice in the Cabinet of Lars Løkke Rasmussen II.
On 28 November 2016 he was appointed as Minister of Science, Technology, Information and Higher Education in Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen's Cabinet III. His first official act was to vote through the "Education ceiling", limiting the free and equal access to education in Denmark, and disbarring all danes from educating themselves through a second bachelor's degree.
Honours and decorations
- Denmark : Commander (Kommandør) of the Order of the Dannebrog 17 March 2017.
- France : Chevalier (Knight) of the Legion of Honour on 12 March 2015.
- "Pind, Søren". Kraks Blå Bog. 2005. p. 946. ISBN 87-7225-861-6.
- "Pind trækker i land". Politiken. 7 August 2003.
- "Søren Pind bliver minister for udvikling og bistand". Politiken. 22 February 2010.
- "Søren Pind bliver ny integrationsminister". Politiken. 8 March 2011.
- "Latest Recipients". kongehuset.dk. Danish Royal Family. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- Søren Pind udnævnt til Ridder af Æreslegionen French embassy in Denmark (Danish)
|Minister for Development Cooperation of Denmark
Christian Friis Bach
Birthe Rønn Hornbech
|Minister for Refugees, Immigrants and Integration
|Justice Minister of Denmark
Søren Pape Poulsen
|Minister of Science, Technology, Information and Higher Education