This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location in Maramureș County
|Area||139.17 km2 (53.73 sq mi)|
|• Density||21/km2 (54/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET/EEST (UTC+2/+3)|
Săpânța (Romanian pronunciation: [səˈpɨnt͡sa]; Hungarian: Szaplonca; Slovak: Sapunka; Yiddish: Spinka or Shpinka) is a commune in Maramureș County, Maramureș, Romania, 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) northwest of Sighetu Marmației and just south of the river Tisza. It is composed of a single village, Săpânța.
Merry Cemetery, unique in Europe
- "Populaţia stabilă pe judeţe, municipii, oraşe şi localităti componenete la RPL_2011" (in Romanian). National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Photos of Săpânța
- More about Maramureș and the Merry Cemetery
- New York Times Article: In Merry Cemetery, Romanians' lives in carvings and verse
- More photo sources with Google search " Merry Cemetery, Romania "
- Photos of Săpânța-Peri Monastery
- Săpânța - o destinatie surpriză
|This Maramureș County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|