Sławomira Wronkowska-Jaśkiewicz at the Presidential Palace, Warsaw in 2010
|Judge of the Constitutional Tribunal of the Republic of Poland|
May 6, 2010 – May 6, 2019
|Nominated by||Bronisław Komorowski|
|Deputy Rector of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań|
October 1, 2005 – October 1, 2008
|Nominated by||Academic Senate|
|Born||February 14, 1943|
|Education||Adam Mickiewicz University PhD (1971), Habilitation (1982)|
Sławomira Wronkowska-Jaśkiewicz, PR (born February 14, 1943) is a Polish legal scholar, Professor emeritus of Jurisprudence at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. She has a particular interest in legal theory, legislation, legal interpretation, legal reasoning and philosophy of law. She belongs to the Poznań school of legal theory.
Wronkowska-Jaśkiewicz is a retired Judge of the Constitutional Tribunal of Poland who served from her appointment in 2010 until the end of her cadence in 2019. She was the eleventh woman to serve on the Court.
Wronkowska-Jaśkiewicz was born and raised in the City of Poznań. After attending Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (AMU), where she received a Doctor of Philosophy degree in 1971, studying under Zygmunt Ziembiński and Doctor of Sciences degree in 1982, she began her career as a Professor of Legal Theory and Philosophy at the AMU Faculty of Law and Administration, where she became a professor ordinarius (1995), chaired the AMU Department of Legal Theory and Legal Philosophy (1991−2013) and was later named AMU Deputy Rector (2005−2008).
In 1980 and 1983, Wronkowska-Jaśkiewicz received the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Scholarship. She was also a visiting professor at Viadrina European University in Frankfurt (Oder) and University of Warsaw and President of the Polish Academy of Sciences' Legal Studies Committee (2008−2011).
In May 2010 with the recommendation of Civic Platform she was elected by 415 members of Sejm as a Judge of Constitutional Tribunal of the Republic of Poland and took the oath of office on May 6, 2010.
- Grabowski, Andrzej (2013-06-24). Juristic Concept of the Validity of Statutory Law: A Critique of Contemporary Legal Nonpositivism. Springer Science & Business Media. ISBN 9783642276880.
- Pattaro, Enrico; Roversi, Corrado (2016-07-13). A Treatise of Legal Philosophy and General Jurisprudence: Volume 12 Legal Philosophy in the Twentieth Century: The Civil Law World, Tome 1: Language Areas, Tome 2: Main Orientations and Topics. Springer Science & Business Media. ISBN 9789400714793.
- "Nowa Nauka Polska". nauka-polska.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- "Trybunał Konstytucyjny: Sławomira Wronkowska-Jaśkiewicz". trybunal.gov.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- RP, Kancelaria Sejmu. "Internetowy System Aktów Prawnych". isap.sejm.gov.pl. Retrieved 2017-10-06.
- Constitutional Tribunal of the Republic of Poland official website (English version)