This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He has held an executive position as Head of School at both art institutions, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts and LaSalle, College of Arts. Dr.S.Chandrasekaran obtained his doctorate in cross-cultural studies in Performance Art from Curtin University in 2007. As Senior Research Fellow at Institute of Southeast Asia, NAFA, he initiated cross-disciplinary studies with an emphasis on Southeast Asian Aesthetics. He has served as Academic Advisor for Postgraduate programs with Loughborough University/NAFA and Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology/LaSalle-SIA.
He is a Founder/Artistic Director for Biological Arts Theatre (BAT); a new media experimental theatre for Life Science and Arts. His research interests are Cross-Cultural Studies, Asian Aesthetics, Life Science and Experimental Theatre. His teaching interests are Life Drawing, Sculpture, Alternative Drawing, Art Photography, Contemporary Painting, Installation Art, Performance Art, New Media and Cross Disciplinary Studies.
S.Chandrasekaran has been represented in major exhibitions, such as Havana Biennial (Cuba), 1st Asia Pacific Triennial (Brisbane), Asia-Pacific Performance Art Festival (Canada), International Performance Art Festival(Poland), 49th Venice Biennale and 8th Festival of Contemporary Art (Slovenia). He has been commissioned to work on public artworks such as for the World Sculpture Park at Changchun, China in 2001 and MRT station (Little India, Singapore). The work titled Bioalloy and Body Performance was nominated for APBF Signature Art Prize (Singapore), 2003. He has been invited to international conference and seminars such as Biennale of Electronic Arts (Australia), 3rd Asia-Pacific Arts conference (Taipei) and XIV International Congress for Aesthetics (Slovenia) and University of South Wales (Sydney).
- LIVING STORIES, Substation, Singapore, 2012
- AKASA, Earl Lu Gallery. LASALLE-SIA, College of the Arts, Singapore, 2002
- ICONS, Fort Canning Gallery, Singapore, 1996
- MADRAS MADLEY, Lalit Kala Academy, Madras, India, 1994
- Asian Aesthetics – Traditional Materials
- Life Science and Art - Third Skin and Bacteria Painting
- Experimental Theatre –DNA Music, DNA Textile and Virtual Reality
- Cross-Cultural Studies in Performance Arts
- Living Stories, First Printers, Singapore, 2012
- Locating Self through Performance Art, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing AG & Co. KG, 2009
- Man and Modern Myth: A Dialogue, Yali Print Publications, India, 1994, Indran and S.Chandrasekaran.
- Sakti Principle as Posthumanism, Aesthetics, Experimentation & Innovation in Indian Art, Oct.2011
- Striking Distance, Post Graduate Catalogue, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, July 2010
- Bedlam Lull, Diploma Graduate Catalogue, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, July 2010