The S. H. Kress and Co. Building at 1442 Main Street in Sarasota, Florida, United States is a historic building. It was part of the S. H. Kress & Co. "five and dime" department store chain. On March 22, 1984, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
National Register listing
- Kress, S.H., Building
- (added 1984 - Building - #84003839)
- 1442 Main St., Sarasota
- Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
- Architect, builder, or engineer: Miller,G.A.
- Architectural Style: Art Deco
- Area of Significance: Architecture
- Period of Significance: 1925-1949
- Owner: Private
- Historic Function: Commerce/Trade
- Historic Sub-function: Specialty Store
- Current Function: Commerce/Trade