S. P. Sethuraman
|S. P. Sethuraman|
Sethuraman at the Basel Chess Festival 2014
|Full name||Sethuraman Panayappan Sethuraman|
|Born||25 February 1993|
|FIDE rating||2613 (June 2019)|
|Peak rating||2658 (March 2016)|
He achieved the three norms required for the grandmaster title with shared second place and a score of 8/10 points at the Parsvnath Open in New Delhi in 2009, third place and 6.5/9 score at the Paris International Championship in 2010, and winning the Voivoda Cup in Legnica with 7/9 in the same year.
Sethuraman won the 2004 Asian under-12 championship in Singapore and the 2009 world U16 championship in Antalya. In 2014, Sethuraman took team bronze medal with the Indian team at the 41st Chess Olympiad in Tromsø and won the Indian National Premier Championship. With this win, he qualified for the Chess World Cup 2015, where he knocked out Sanan Sjugirov in round one and compatriot Pentala Harikrishna in the second round, before being eliminated by Shakhriyar Mamedyarov in the third.
- FIDE Title Applications (GM) FIDE. Retrieved 29 December 2014
- Asian Youth Open U-12, FIDE
- Priyadarshan Banjan (29 December 2014). "52nd Indian National Premier Championship". ChessBase. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Sethuraman knocks out Harikrishna in Chess World Cup". Times of India.
- Silver, Albert (6 June 2016). "Sethuruman and Kulkarni win Asian Continental". Chess News. ChessBase. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Staff writer(s) (28 February 2018). "Aeroflot Open 2018 A". Chess Results.
- Staff writer(s) (28 February 2018). "Aeroflot Open 2018 A: Sethuraman S.P." Chess Results.
- SP. Sethuraman chess games at 365Chess.com
- S. P. Sethuraman player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to an Indian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|