S. P. Udayakumar
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
S. P. Udayakumar is a writer and anti-nuclear activist from Tamil Nadu, India. He is the convenor of the People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE), which is protesting against the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant project.
His movement and himself were allegedly exposed in a sting operation carried out by Republic TV where he was caught agreeing to accept foreign funds for protests advising the journalists involved to channel funds to his political party. Udayakumar vehemently denied the allegations . In a letter to Press Council of India Udaya Kumar stated that he had mentioned clearly that he would give receipts and all the money would be accounted for.
UdayaKumar openly admitted to working towards creating a separate country for Tamil Nadu in a public speech . This speech was acknowledged and widely condemned by various political parties in Tamil Nadu  
- Intervention in Sri Lanka: History and Prospects (1990)
- Handcuffed to history: narratives, pathologies, and violence in South Asia (2001)
- Presenting the Past: Anxious History and Ancient Future in Hindutva India (2005)
- Gandhi Marg, Volume 19. New Delhi, India: Gandhi Peace Foundation.,. 1997.
- "Kudankulam protest: PMANE's Udayakumar pounds PMO". First Post. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "'PM should quit if he fails to prove foreign fund charge' says S.P. Udayakumar". Daily Mail. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "The professor and the politics in anti-nuclear crucible". The Telegraph India. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "AAP announces seventh list, Udayakumar included". Hindustan Times. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- SP Udayakumar quits Aam Aadmi Party
- S. P. Udayakumar (1990). Intervention in Sri Lanka: History and Prospects. University of Notre Dame.
- S. P. Udayakumar (2001). Handcuffed to history: narratives, pathologies, and violence in South Asia. Praeger. ISBN 978-0-275-96843-4.
- S. P. Udayakumar (1 January 2005). Presenting the Past: Anxious History and Ancient Future in Hindutva India. Greenwood Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-275-97209-7.
|This article about an Aam Aadmi Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|