This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dr S Rajasekharan|
Dr S Rajasekharan
4 January 1946 |
Cherthala, Alappuzha, Kerala
|Education||MA , PhD|
|Occupation||Poet, Critic, and Professor|
Sitammal V (Secretary - PurogamanakalAsAhithya SamghamFounder General-Secretary -Vanitha Sahithi)
T K Sankunni Achari (F),N Lakshmi Amma (M)
S Rajasekharan worked as a lecturer and as professor and reader in various government colleges and at the Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit in Kalady for over 30 years. He was the Director of the Regional Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit. He was a member of the Faculty and Board of Studies in the University of Kerala, member of Board of Studies in Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit and Kerala Kalamandalam.
The University of Kerala awarded him a doctorate for his thesis titled ‘Vailoppilli's - Vision of Life and Poetry’ (1991).
Dr S Rajasekharan is an approved research guide in Kerala, Kozhikode and Sanskrit Universities and Member of the Doctoral Committees of the University of Kerala, Mahatma Gandhi Sanskrit Universities and Kalamandalam.
He was the founder president of the Teachers' Assosiasion of Sree Sankaracharya Sanskrit University (TASSU 1996), and later Association of Sree Sankaracharya Sanskrit University Teachers (ASSUT 1998), Kalady. He is the founder Chairman of the 'Maampoo' (mampoo.in / mampoo.org), the organisation for the digital and online uses of Malayalam language and culture. He was the State Executive Committee member of the former Desabhimani Study Circle, and is the State Vice-President of the Purogamana Kala Sahithya Samgham. He was the Vice-President of the Sahithya Pravarthaka Co-operative Society, (SPCS), Kerala.
S Rajasekharan received the A.R.Raja raja Varma Puraskaram 1970 from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram, The Grandhasalasamgham Avard for Best Poetry, the 'Thayat Award' for Literary Criticism (1991), 'The Samskarakeralam Award 2000' of the Govt of Kerala, for the best article (Samskarikathayute Noottantu) published in the year, the 'Mon Fr Kureethadom Memorial Sahithyaratnam Award'  in 2010 for the best writer in Malayalam, the 'SBT Literary Award for Literary Criticism 2010' (Paristhithidarsanam Malayalakavithayil) and Dr C P Menon Award 2012 for ecology & Literary Criticism (Paristhithidarsanam Malayalakavithayil).
Rajasekharan has published more than 30 books on Malayalam literature and culture and several collections of poems. Most of the books on literary criticism are approved textbooks or reference material in Kerala, Kozhikode, Puducherry, Mahatma Gandhi and Sanskrit Universities and educational institutions under the Directorate of Public Instruction, Kerala.
- Kavithayute Jaathakam - (1977)
- Kavitha Velichatthilekku - (1985)
- Njaaninnivite ppatumpole - (1989)
- Kavitha Innu - (1991)
- Novalinte Vithaananggal - (1994)
- Vailoppilli: Kavithayum Darsanavum - (1994)
- Gopuram Thakarkkunna Silpi - (1999)
- Vailoppilli Sreedharamenon - (2001)
- Paattuprasthaanam: Prathirodhavum Samanvayavum - (2006)
- Navodhanantharakavitha - Literary criticisms - (2008)
- Paristhithidarsanam Malayalakavithayil - (2010)
History of literature
- Malayalam: Bhashayum Sahithyavum -(2007)
Studies in culture
- Malayaliyute Malayalam - (2000)
- Keralatthe Veentum Bhranthaalaya maakkukayo? - (2003)
- Vidyabhyasam punarnirvachikkumpol - (2006)
- Utsavanggalil nashtamaakunnathu - (2009)
- Keralathinte Samskarikaparinamam (in printing)
- Pinvicharangal (2013)
- Sthreevaadam : Utalum Parisarangalum (2016)
- Nilaavinte Krowryam - (1988)
- Pakaliranggumpol - (1999)
- Kuttikal Uranggunnilla - (2010)
- Penma (2015)
- Europpil Manjukalath - (2012)
- Ruthubedangalil Yooroppiloote (In printing)
- Oyenvikkavitha - (1986)
- Vailoppillikkavithaasameeksha - (1986)
- Kavitha Vithayum Koytthum - (1995)
- Nammute Bhaasha (by E M S Namboodirippadu) - (1997)
- Sarvakalaasaalaa Vidyaabhyaasam: Puthiya Sameepanam - (2003)
- Paristhithikkavithakal - (2006)
- 51 Kapsule Kathakal - (2007)
- Anthonio Gramshiyum Samskarikapatanavum - (2008)
- Ini njaanunarnnirikkaam - (2009)
- Eeyemmesum Aadhunikathayum - (2012)
- Saamskaarikathayute sanchaarangal (2015)
- saamskaarikaraashtreeyam : paatavum prayogavum(2016)
- Malayalakavitha Irupathaam Noottaantil - (in printing)
- "2. Department of Publications". Kerala University. Retrieved 11 January 2011.