|Native name||ఘంటసాల శ్రీనివాస్ సాయి థమన్ శివకుమార్|
|Birth name||Ghantasala Srinivas Sai Thaman Sivakumar|
|Also known as||Super Success Thaman, సంగీత సునామీ|
16 November 1983|
Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Occupation(s)||Music Composer, Singer, Actor|
|Instruments||Drums, Rhythm pads, Keyboard, Trumpet.|
Ghantasala Srinivas Sai Thaman Siva Kumar, popularly known and credited as S.S.Thaman is an Indian film Composer known for his works in Telugu cinema, Tamil cinema, and bollywood. Although Thaman entered the film industry as an actor in a supporting role in the film Boys, he soon turned film composer and became popular for his work as a music director. His debut films as music director were Sindhanai Sei in Tamil, and Kick in Telugu, Kick went on to become his first blockbuster film.
Personal life and career
He was born in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India into a Telugu speaking family. He is the grand child of veteran director Ghantasala Balaramayya. Thaman hails from a family of musicians from Pottepalem, Nellore District. His father Ghantasala Siva Kumar was a Drummer, who worked for seven hundred films, under composer, K. Chakravarthy, his mother Ghantasala Savitri is a playback singer and his aunt is singer P. Vasantha. Thaman is married to Play back singer Sri Vardhini.
At the age of nine, He joined S.P. Balasubramaniam, Ilaiyaraaja's brother, and G. Anand as a rhythm pads player, and discontinued studies when he lost his father at the age of 13. He was compelled to make his hobby into a profession to meet the crisis in his family. He then joined Raj-Koti team, and worked for three years on sixty films and then joined M. M. Keeravani and worked with him for three years completing thirty films. He has also gained experience from composers like Vandemataram Srinivas, Chakri, R. P. Patnaik and Devi Sri Prasad.
He then spent six and a half years under the tutelage of Manisharma and worked on eighty films with him. On the whole he put in fourteen years of rhythm and keyboard programming with the veterans before branching out on his own.
He began his career as an actor in Tamil Film Boys and as a composer with the Tamil film Sindhanai Sei, while his first Telugu film was Kick in 2009. Aagadu in 2014 was Thaman's 50th film as a music director. In May 2017, Rohit Shetty signed Thaman for his Golmaal 4, a comedy franchise of bollywood and this would be Thaman's bollywood debut.
- 2011: SIIMA Award for Best Music Director for Dookudu
- 2012: SIIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer for "Sir Osthara" – Businessman
- 2016: SIIMA Award for Most streaming song for "Aagadu tittle song" – Aagadu
- Other Awards
- The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011 – Best Music Director for Dookudu
- MAA Music Awards 2011 – Best Music Director for Dookudu
- TSR TV9 2011–2012 – Best Music Director for Dookudu.
- TSR TV9 2015-2016-Best Music Director for "SARRINODU, SRIRASTHU SUBHAMASTHU".
- Gama award 2016 for Best love song"nuvve nuvve" in "kick2".
- Film scores and soundtracks
Singles for films
|2017||Golmaal Again||"Golmaal Title Track"||Hindi||Brijesh Shandilya, Aditi Singh Sharma||Kumaar|
|2018||Simmba||"Aala Aala Simmba Aala Re"||Hindi||TBA||TBA|
|Vaishali Vaishali||Mirapakay||Uyiril Uyiril||Vallinam|
|Naari Naari||Aagadu||Tharai Irangiya||Eeram|
|Feel of Aagadu||Aagadu||Edhirthu Nil||Biriyani|
|Nuvve Nuvve||Kick 2||Malayoor Nattamai||Mambattiyan|
|Ye Pilla Pilla||Pandaga Chesko||Nagarudhe||Vanthaan Vendraan|
|Chuda Sakagunnave||Pandaga Chesko||En Aalu||Summa Nachunu Irukku|
|Le Chalo||Bruce Lee||Unnale Unnale||Osthe|
|Rock Your Body||Shankarabharanam|
|O Meri Bhavri||Veera|
|Melukora Melukora||Love Failure|
|Kathi Lanti Pilla||Naayak|
|Down Down||Race Gurram|
|Anu Anu||Srirastu Subhamastu|
|Kiss Me Baby||Mahanubhavudu|
|Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara||Goutham Nanda|
- "Thaman to render music for NTR - Harish Shankar movie". Pluzmedia.in. 2012-08-10. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Telugu cinema news, Telugu Movies Updates, Latest Movie reviews in Telugu". Telugu BOX Office. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Yuvan and Thaman team up again for 'Adhyaayam' - IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Thaman to complete 50th film with Aagadu". Raagalahari.com. 2013-06-17. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Music for the masses - Delta". The Hindu. 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "AP 7am". AP 7am. 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- http://cineoutlook.com/index.php/budding-talent-in-music.html. Retrieved 7 April 2013. Missing or empty
- "Thaman launches music band". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
-  Archived 29 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Thaman S Biography, Thaman S Profile - Filmibeat". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 1983-11-16. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Thaman gets popular - Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Thaman flies to Bollywood with top league director". Top 10 Cinema. 2017-05-16. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "We're trying to record live: Tharman – Times Of India". Times of India. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "The 59th Idea Filmfare Awards 2011 (South)". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-06-24. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "A mix of modern and rural tunes - CHEN". The Hindu. 2008-11-19. Retrieved 2016-01-20.