This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|18th Governor of Reserve Bank of India|
22 December 1990 – 21 December 1992
|Preceded by||R. N. Malhotra|
|Succeeded by||C. Rangarajan|
|Alma mater||University College Thiruvananthapuram, Carnegie Mellon University|
Venkitaramanan also served as Finance Secretary, Ministry of Finance from 1985 to 1989 
Venkitaramanan was born in Nagercoil to a Tamil Iyer family in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. He holds a master's degree in Physics from the University College Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and also a master's degree in Industrial Administration from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, USA. He was a member of the Indian Administrative Service, he had served as Finance Secretary, and adviser to the Government of Karnataka before his appointment as Governor of the RBI.
Venkitaramanan has published three books, Indian Economy: Reviews And Commentaries - Vol I, Indian Economy: Reviews And Commentaries - Vol II, and Indian Economy: Reviews And Commentaries - Vol III.
- "List of Governors". Reserve Bank of India. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- "Board of Directors, BPL". BPL Telecom. Archived from the original on 2007-04-05. Retrieved 2007-05-07.
- "Board of Directors, S Venkitaramanan". Reliance Industries Limited. Archived from the original on 2014-05-02. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "SUPREMO". supremo.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-12-24.
- "5 things you need to know about new Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu Girija Vaidyanathan | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2016-12-22. Retrieved 2016-12-24.
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|