|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Video game developer|
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Headquarters||Kalamazoo, Michigan, U.S.|
|Products||Savage: The Battle for Newerth
Savage 2: A Tortured Soul
Heroes of Newerth
Number of employees
|Slogan||Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.|
S2 Games is a video game development company which was founded by Marc "Maliken" DeForest and Jesse Hayes, based in Rohnert Park, California. They also have a development location in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Their first project (a real-time strategy, third-person shooter and role-playing game hybrid), Savage: The Battle for Newerth, was released in the Summer of 2003. They released its sequel, Savage 2: A Tortured Soul, on January 16, 2008, and are independently publishing and distributing it. Their latest installment in the Newerth series, Heroes of Newerth, based heavily around Defense of the Ancients, was released on May 12, 2010.
- Savage: The Battle for Newerth (2003) (Windows, Macintosh, Linux)
- Savage 2: A Tortured Soul (2008) (Windows, Macintosh, Linux)
- Heroes of Newerth (2010) (Windows, Macintosh, Linux)
- Strife (2014) (Windows, Macintosh, Linux)
- In 2003, S2 Games released Savage: The Battle for Newerth, their first commercial game.
- In 2004, three former S2 Games employees left the company to form Offset Software.
- In 2006, S2 Games re-released Savage: The Battle for Newerth, as freeware.
- In 2008, S2 Games released Savage 2: A Tortured Soul.
- In 2009, S2 Games re-released Savage 2: A Tortured Soul as freeware.
- In 2010, S2 Games released Heroes of Newerth.
- In 2011, S2 Games re-released Heroes of Newerth as freeware/free-to-play
- In 2012, S2 Games made all heroes in Heroes of Newerth completely free
- In 2013, S2 Games announced Strife an upcoming "second generation MOBA"
- In 2015, S2 Games released Heroes of Newerth from its label into the hands of frostburn studios
- "The Team". Heroesofnewerth.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|